Cod'ika: Soldier

Codika

Hunter
i decided to move this here instad of on my armor wip to avoid long pages lmao and to kind keep the flow going in a way ne ways here we go:

(also if this conflics with the CoC please delete it,im not sure if posting background stories is aloud on here)

The interstar ship building manufacturing plant in the outer rim:

“Osik osik osik!” this wasn’t good. Blaster fire whizzed over his head as he crouched behind the metal cargo box waiting for an opening in the continuous stream of blaster bolts. Finally the mercs had to reload their blaster packs and a white helmed figure with a green T-shaped visor popped his head over the crate bringing an EE-3 blaster riffle to bear and lining up the sights. It only took three shots. It hardly ever took more than one shoot per head when he was snipping. The figure stood up form behind the crate revealing a fearsome figure in white Mandalorian armor the under suite black as the night .the figure checked his left gauntlet’s chrono. “They should be here by now.”
An explosion rocked the hanger were the white clad figure stood. Through the smoke, four figures emerged out of the billowing haze, dressed in similar armor but of different colors and pattern. The lead looked around at the scene around the white figure. “Nice handiwork” under his helmet the white figure grinned just as he knew the man before him was. “Thanks Col’ika, but what the hell took you so long? Did you go out for lunch or something? The group laughed. “Ha-ha, yeah sorry but we didn’t bring you back anything.” The white figure started heading towards a menacing ship parked in the hanger off to the side, away from the explosions and bodies, it too was painted white and black.
“Eh don’t worry bout it, ill get something later”, he said laughing.

The group boarded the ship and closing the landing ramp after them, the white figure settling into the pilots chair firing up the engines and slipping the ship out of the destroyed hanger bay. Smiling to himself inside his helmet as the crew ate and talked bout their mission and what they would do with their shares. “this is the life”, he thought, “I cant think of anything else id rather do.”. “Hey! Cod’ika!” snapping back to reality he turn towards the source who called him. “What?” he said. “Whatcha gonna do with your share?”. He smiled again, “the hell you think I’m gonna do with it? I’m going to invest it in MandoMotors and then I’m going to buy you a **** chrono because yours seems to be shuk’la!” that brought a roaring laugh from the crew; they were all brothers, friends from childhood. Col’ika, Nik’ika, Ed’ika, Quen’ika, he’d known them forever, and now here they were mercs for the highest bidder roaming the galaxy and getting paid to do it, as far as anyone knew, they were some of the best out there, not the greatest. But they were good.
He swiveled in his chair and un-hooked the safety webbing and moved towards the rear of the ship were the commune lounge was located. The tea was sitting around and discussing their recent exploit and grabbing some grub. Cod’ika walk to one of the wall panels pulling up their accounts, “looks like the funds have been transferred. We’re all
150,000 creds richer.” He closed out the panel and took a seat next to Col’ika.
“Corporate takeovers always turn out a nice profit don’t they?” Col’ika laughed “yeah they do, especially when they’re hostile, good profit for us” the group smiled and chuckled.

A day later the black and white vette exited hyperspace into normal space around the planet Mandalore. Cod’ika brought up the landing sights and brought the ship in as the others started preparing the ship for landing. “Looks like there’s a bit of traffic out today”. The viewport showed ships departing and arriving from the planet, but most seemed to be leaving. “Wonder what’s going on”, Cod’ika said. Col’ika, leaning over the co-pilots seat , merely shrugged “who knows?” Cod’ika turned his head slightly, ”well we’ll find out soon though”.

15 minutes later the group were planet side touching down on the landing pad and exiting the ramp to find Jax Antis waiting for them.

“Jax!”, Cod’ika exclaimed as he gripped the older mans forearm, the slightly aged face and salted hair man grinned and nodded. “It’s good to see you again Cod’ika, and you all as well”, he indicated the rest of the group with a nod. Cod’ika smiled and removed his buy’ce to scratch his head, “so what going on Jax? There’s a lot of traffic up there.”
Jax turned motioning for the rest to follow him, “ yes, well it seems that the republic has finally split, a group of separatist have seceded from the republic, these separatist and the republic are currently waging war against each other, a lot of us here see the perfect chance to make a good profit.” “well alright!”, Col’ika exclaimed smacking the side of his helmet,” that means lots of creds for us.” Jax smiled, “ it would seem that way, but as for now, Cod’ika’s father wishes to see him in private”. The others nodded and said their fare wells before heading off towards their homes.

Cod’ika followed Jax to the Council building, were councilmen from the clans met to discuss their clans business and to make decisions for those said clans. Every
Councilor had a guard, a journeyman Protector, though Protectors are not merely guards. They’re the guardians of Mandalore. Cod’ika’s father was one of them.

The doors were closed as they approached the chambers, “I’ll leave you to wait outside”, Jax said entering the room through the doors. Jax was the vice councilman appointed by the Mand’alor. Cod’ika waited, leaning back against the wall looking at the news on the holonet panel hung on the wall across from him. He was just getting bored of all the reports of the war of the republic when the council doors opened and the councilmen and their vice councils emerged with their protectors, Cod’ika’s father was the last out. “Walk with me son.” Nodding Cod’ika moved to pace with his father removing his buy’ce. “What’s wrong father?” his father looked at the ground a second then back up,” this war has everyone on edge right now, the last galactic war didn’t particularly end well for the Mandalorians if you recall. Cod’ika did. Years before his or his father’s birth the republic had been at war with the Sith, unfortunately, the Mandalorians had sided with the Sith. It had taken years for the Mandalorians to begin picking themselves up after that, the Sith had done nothing but retreat into their shadows, much like they always did, and even now the Mandalorians weren’t at the same strength they were before the war. “so that’s what has everyone on edge?, they think we’ll be pushed to the brink of extinction?” Cod’ika’s father looked at him wearily, “it would appear so son, times are going to be rough for us now, but we’ll survive them, like we always do.” Cod’ika looked his father over, “you haven’t been sleeping, why?” his father looked out across the fields of farmlands. “why haven’t you been sleeping father, what’s troubling you this much?” his father looked back at him, gravely, “Jango is….dead.”

Ijaat,go for it man,just plan it out,the way im doing this is i started at the end,i know how this story is going to end and everthing i type now is leading to that point,characters and events all towards one point. thank you for the support brother!

OMFG!!!! im shareing a classs today and these ppl are so freaking load icant concentrate to do any work on this......i wish i could hire Fett,screw no disintegrations

EDIT* ok so im in a diff clas now ,writing now so no worries

Last edited by a moderator:
Ijaat,go for it man,just plan it out,the way im doing this is i started at the end,i know how this story is going to end and everthing i type now is leading to that point,characters and events all towards one point. thank you for the support brother!

Starting at the end is surprisingly easier than starting at the beginning most of the time. You can start a story anywhere, just as long as you make a beginning, middle, or end eventually. ;) Go for it Ijaat! Have fun, too. :p

update: i write this story at school as a way to get thru my first period eng class and also as a kind of grade for that class, last week a virus was introduced to my school's computer system causeing all the computers to be shut off for the next 2days, those days being thursday and fri i didnot have a chance to post the next weekly instalment and now only have the three days of work done so im going to post that here today and then try to give you all something good on friday!

COD'IKA : SOLDIER

Cod’ika stared at him. The Mand’alor. Dead. “who will succeed him?” his father sighed and wiped his brow. “At this time, no one will. The council will oversee the duties of the Mand’alor till a successor is chosen.”

That night the fires burned in all the clans, celebrating the life of the Mand’alor. Cod’ika sat and watched the fires burn as the rest of Talon clan moved about him. His father was off at another council meeting, “Jango is…dead”, that’s what his father had told him…that was what the truth was. A galactic civil war was on and it was already looking bad for the Mandalorians.. Cod’ika turned to see Col’ika walking towards him, “Su’cuy ner’vod”, he said giving a small wave “Su’cuy” he replied as Col’ika took the seat next to him. “looks like there’s gonna be some rough times coming”. Cod’ika looked at him oddly, “what do you mean?” “You know, with no Mand’alor at the moment and the council heading the clans for the moment it would make things kinda rough for us wouldn’t it?” Cod’ika shrugged, “I guess you could look at it that way but even if it does its not like its going to affect me much, I’m leaving in the morning got a job from a contractor, wants me to blow up a separatist manufacturing plant. I’m told it wont be a hard job and it pays decently.” Col’ika looked at him curiously, “and who’s is this contractor?” “not sure and I don’t particularly care. I just want to get off this planet for a bit.” Col’ika sighed and stood up, “well, it looks like I wont see you for a bit so ill have to catch you later” catching Col’ika’s forearm and squeezing Cod’ika nodded. “till we meet again brother.

Hey Cod'ika nice work so far. I started my own story too! I posted it on mercs so you maight want to check it out. Tell me what you think. Keep going on yours too its pretty good!

Grrrrr......*jumps into time machine* Bing! It's Friday! Write! :p Oooo, if only I had a Tardis (if you watch Doctor Who, you'll get it) I'm am such a sci-fi nerd! It's awesome. :D :D :D

Problem is with a tardis though is that it goes to where the time continuum needs sorting, so you'd end up stopping the daleks, cybermen and curing an incurable virus with your sonic screwdriver before getting around to reading :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back