might be a lil pointless but im curious...

lmao im loving all these wonderful answers,some very creative minds here,and the images of fett they inspire are ridiulously funny:lol:lol::lol:lol::lol:lol:

The cape is ancient Mandalorian Cellular phone, when used in conjunction with a campfire, one can send messages to other clans by displacing small pockets of smoke as it rises from the fire.

In all seriousness, it was made to hook onto his right shoulder, as PPv1 does. This was to give him the Clint Eastwood look with the poncho.

1stPreproductionCape.jpg

originaleyes2kj.jpg

when i made my version 1 fett my cape was huge! the way it attached it didn't hang longer than the cape actually does, but it was bunched from the center. i could wrap it around me as well as over my head. for practicality, i thought that it worked well. boba could be stuck out in the rain waiting for his prey and pull the cape over him to keep the wet off a little better.

then i found the shelter half and thought, well that doesn't do much.

when i made my version 1 fett my cape was huge! the way it attached it didn't hang longer than the cape actually does, but it was bunched from the center. i could wrap it around me as well as over my head. for practicality, i thought that it worked well. boba could be stuck out in the rain waiting for his prey and pull the cape over him to keep the wet off a little better.

then i found the shelter half and thought, well that doesn't do much.

My guess would be that the cape could also serve as a form of camouflage; a dirty, ragged piece of clothing is much less conspicuous than his trademark Mandalorian armor, even with the obviously well-known helmet. In particular, his darker color tones would mesh well with a dark location (think the corners of the Mos Eisley cantina, for example.)

Not that Boba Fett really needed to hide, but the element of surprise is always helpful.

My guess would be that the cape could also serve as a form of camouflage; a dirty, ragged piece of clothing is much less conspicuous than his trademark Mandalorian armor, even with the obviously well-known helmet. In particular, his darker color tones would mesh well with a dark location (think the corners of the Mos Eisley cantina, for example.)

Not that Boba Fett really needed to hide, but the element of surprise is always helpful.

this to me would be the best answer. Not necessarily to hide armor/helmet, but in order to distort his outlline in darker areas. The US military uses the same solution with their boonie caps etc... In darker areas or busy area (woods lots of buildings etc...) you tend to spot things not by seeing them right away, but by catching a glimpse of something from the corner of your eyes, you further catch it by it's harder outline against the background. Having the cape would distort Boba's outline making him blend more in with darkr areas, and giving him more time to snag you before you spot him.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back