Darth Bane, Full Orbalisk armour

Amazing work as always. I was hoping you hadn't shelved this project, and I'm glad to see it's moving forward so well. Thank you for the tymely update. (y)

keeping the dome Orbalisk free

Thank you TDH, you support is invigorating.

I prefer to hold off posting to my own progress threads until I have new images to share. The following comment supplied an opportunity;
The headpiece is cage like and seems to encase the whole of your head? So is the piece in two pieces or did you cast it with with some sort of rubber so that it'd stretch over you head?
The helmet is worn as two solid forms in rigid resin, clam shell style front to back;
DarthBaneP06.jpg

The jaw is separate for articulation.

DarthBaneP07.jpg

The back was originally cast as one piece. It took me both hands AND both feet to demold--(and all my strength and a steady flow of maledictions. I tore that mold asunder and as I held the shreds of the ruined form over my head I felt like a predator.) I separated the two processes at the back of the helmet only recently in preparation to make a quality mold. I am not concerned with selling copies; I want the experience of making a functioning complex mold.

In the photos above I am wearing the painted master helmet. I prefer to use a fibreglass reinforced gold resin casting for the final costume piece.

I hope to make the Orbalisk neck seal next;
DarthBaneS02a.jpg

Be well,
Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the explanation and more pics Thomas! I'm even more stunned and amazed by this masterpiece now!

It's beautifully done, the symmetry is fabulous too. You're a master craftsman my friend. ;) I can't wait to see your neck seal.

THAT IS INCREDIBLE! The amazing craftsmanship, the time and dedication. I have so much respect for this costume. I love it!!!

When I saw what you were making I thought, no way this is gonna pan out. I was dead wrong! That is some truly inspired and artful work. I hope I grow up to be just like you!:lol:

I remember you showing me some of your "beetle" sculpts a couple years ago, as well as what has become the helmet. I'm glad to finally see the final product come alive! Well done, my friend. :)

Darth Bane, EWIP MMIX

Darth_Bane__MMIX_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

Good afternoon,

I bring a teaser image of my EWIP*, Darth Bane, Architect of the Sith. It is hard to describe how much of myself is in this suit. I chuckle to think how much cannot be seen and assure myself that it is all worth while.

This image was taken at 5:00 am today, with just enough juice in the camera for 6 images. More images to come as the project develops.

Darth_Bane_banner01.jpg

Click to view the Darth Bane project gallery.

Be well,
Thomas

*Eternal Work In Progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back