Lifesize ROTJ Darth Vader.

vader45

Hunter
Just sharing a couple photos of my ROTJ Vader. Enjoy.

20200710_125603.jpg
20200710_125654.jpg

:O most impressive
Would love to know where you got all the parts. Is that a CFO bucket?
Working on a Vader list myself. I hope to not make the same mistakes early on :lol: Lord knows I can't afford to

:O most impressive
Would love to know where you got all the parts. Is that a CFO bucket?
Working on a Vader list myself. I hope to not make the same mistakes early on :lol: Lord knows I can't afford to

Thank you!

No its not a CFO but CFO #9 can be seen in this post!

15945747035351008344565.jpg

Some of the mistakes I did were:

When I sent in my first proper cape to get hemmed I did it with out my armor and boots. Since the sculpt of the armor is very front heavy in design it made the cape super short in the front. The ROTJ cape is short in front and tapers down but it was far to short and had to buy a new cape. I screwed up on the next cape. Its best to buy long and hem locally especially from Custom Props and not order the length you need. They dont understand how the armor affects the hem. This cape had longer back and front with shorter sides. The shoulder bells lift on the cape as well as the chest plate. Now leads me to my current cape set from KevVader. After all of that I got the hem I wanted after 2 trips to the seamstress. The hight of the front from the ground and the taper down wards to the back is perfect.
20200712_133428.jpg

Ive attempted to repaint one of my previous helmets and had to send it off to someone else. I will never paint another vader lid as long as I live. I hated it. It's mostly due to the masking off that took 3 hours. Im super impatient and get antsy fast.

The helmets I use to own
Rubies
Portumac recast
Darth Ugly
New Portumac
Darth Stone

Currently
CFO
Shadow FX

And a
SL recast face with EFX dome.

Thank you!

No its not a CFO but CFO #9 can be seen in this post!

View attachment 194260

Some of the mistakes I did were:

When I sent in my first proper cape to get hemmed I did it with out my armor and boots. Since the sculpt of the armor is very front heavy in design it made the cape super short in the front. The ROTJ cape is short in front and tapers down but it was far to short and had to buy a new cape. I screwed up on the next cape. Its best to buy long and hem locally especially from Custom Props and not order the length you need. They dont understand how the armor affects the hem. This cape had longer back and front with shorter sides. The shoulder bells lift on the cape as well as the chest plate. Now leads me to my current cape set from KevVader. After all of that I got the hem I wanted after 2 trips to the seamstress. The hight of the front from the ground and the taper down wards to the back is perfect.
View attachment 194261

Ive attempted to repaint one of my previous helmets and had to send it off to someone else. I will never paint another vader lid as long as I live. I hated it. It's mostly due to the masking off that took 3 hours. Im super impatient and get antsy fast.

The helmets I use to own
Rubies
Portumac recast
Darth Ugly
New Portumac
Darth Stone

Currently
CFO
Shadow FX

And a
SL recast face with EFX dome.
Whoa! Post saved.
Super useful tips on the cape. I have a friend who has a KJB cape and has been scared to hem further. I'll share this with him.

Very cool. I can see the upgrade path of your helmets too! hahaha. I have seen a lot of comparisons between CFO vs ShadowFX: obviously CFO has direct lineage and Phil has some allegations of recasting or whatnot. Unsure if it's completely substantiated: I have also heard the ShadowFX is more heavy too, so not really for trooping. That said, have also heard good things from some reputable people on sithlords forum who have one. Would love to get your take on the comparison between the CFO and ShadowFX lids: which one you find more visually appealing.
Very cool collection, and thank you for sharing. :D

Whoa! Post saved.
Super useful tips on the cape. I have a friend who has a KJB cape and has been scared to hem further. I'll share this with him.

Very cool. I can see the upgrade path of your helmets too! hahaha. I have seen a lot of comparisons between CFO vs ShadowFX: obviously CFO has direct lineage and Phil has some allegations of recasting or whatnot. Unsure if it's completely substantiated: I have also heard the ShadowFX is more heavy too, so not really for trooping. That said, have also heard good things from some reputable people on sithlords forum who have one. Would love to get your take on the comparison between the CFO and ShadowFX lids: which one you find more visually appealing.
Very cool collection, and thank you for sharing. :D

The Shadow FX holds no candle to CFO. CFO was bought as a shelf queen and to keep dor its lineage. Shadow FX is purely a trooping place holder. Its a nice high end quality helmet but it falls way short of a lineage cast. Both of my SL and CFO faces are a dead match in geometry but the SFX has many many differences. The SFX isnt what Phil claims and I really dont recommend buying from him for that and many other reasons. I hope that answers your question.

The Shadow FX holds no candle to CFO. CFO was bought as a shelf queen and to keep dor its lineage. Shadow FX is purely a trooping place holder. Its a nice high end quality helmet but it falls way short of a lineage cast. Both of my SL and CFO faces are a dead match in geometry but the SFX has many many differences. The SFX isnt what Phil claims and I really dont recommend buying from him for that and many other reasons. I hope that answers your question.
Phenomenal and HONEST response. This is exactly what I was looking for. ^^
Gonna keep saving up for that CFO down the line. Thanks for sharing, friend-!!

A far cry from your current one. Although to the layperson, that’s still Darth Vader.
Gotta agree. For a lot of purposes, this is enough for most people.
I'd say a nice balance is an EFX bucket with a rubie's body. Looks pretty decent (though ANH helmet with "ROTS" body) and is pretty fun to wear. :lol:
vader45 also did you mod the lights on the rubie's chest box for ROTJ? Looks so much better than the reversed red and green it came with. lool

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back