Let's start an "Official" Flamethrower thread

how do you mean a closed fist holding the gun?
...I digress from the thread ...but like this.

attachment.php

talking about weathering and grime...i think that rather large gray aera on the inside of the left gauntlet came from the way he holds the webley. makes me wonder if the green rubbed off down to the primer or if paint from the webley rubbed off to the gauntlet...what's your opinion?

and are there better pics of the "2 plates" something more in focus?

I think that it would be more the green down to the primer rather than the Webley onto the gaunt, I mean the real deal is metal (natural colour for the Webley) :)

As I understand, the ESB gun was an actual Webley, the studio had it on loan and had to give it back. The ROTJ gun is a casting of the original.

This is my understanding... therefore the weathering is the green worn down to the primer?
On a side note.. if this to be true then the ESB ab plate is also layered with the olive green beneath the darker (as the stock would wear/chip on the paint surface)

i think you are right mojo that the green wore off, however i think the webley might have received some paint as well, i think i noticed some pretty dull spots on the scope, so if they maybe added some easy to clean off paint, it could have worn off as well,...right? but who know, i'm just guessing here. and they used the real thing during esb, and had to return it. as mr. bulloch stated before, they used a weapon that could fire blanks...

I know I'm new here and could be wrong, but the 3 tubes of the flamethrower near the back look to me like they are shaped like CO2 bottles for pellet guns or even the Microwelder used by the Jawas.
Does it look that way to anyone else?
Scott

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back