Help with creation of armor

Cewydew

New Hunter
Hey ya'll. I have been gone for awhile. But I still have wanted to make my Mandalorian armor for a very long time now. I decided to start with the helmet. Unless ya'll think I should start with something else to "warm up" with.

I want to make a to do list. I will also be looking the the other threads for help too, but... I was thinking I'll need to buy parts and stuff from home depot or lowes and even places like wal-mart and other fabric stores. I can purchase online but I like to see what I will be buying for this project. I could spend about 30 minutes a day or so( some days no, some days more), but it will be a start.

I'll have questins now and make a numbered list later to see if you think it's a good place. I figured it would be easy to plan everything out first. And then somebody else could use the same outline if need be.

So, here are some of my guestions:

Do you start with a template and make cut-outs from cardboard or paper?

I want some electronics in it, like the range finder, or to the extreme, Night vision and Kevlar(Someday I hope).

What tools will I need? A welder?

I've heard of sintra, is that the best to work with? Is it hard to work with? Is it time consuming(It's ok if it is, because I know this whole thing will take time)?

These are my questions for now... You can link other threads, but I am trying to find the most simplified versions.

Thanks,

I have some suggestions to your questions. I would start by building the bucket first then the armor.

Q:I've heard of sintra, is that the best to work with? Is it hard to work with? Is it time consuming(It's ok if it is, because I know this whole thing will take time)?

*If this is the first time you are attempting to make a bucket then I suggest you try using posterboard to try and get the hang of the process. Sintra is not that hard to work with but it takes a little more time if you want the results to look good. Posterboard is easy to cut, shape, and piece together, with sintra there are extra steps in putting the helmet together.

Here's the link to an excellent tutorial on how to make a scratch built bucket using signboard material which is similar to sintra.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=13420&highlight=scratch+built

Q:Do you start with a template and make cut-outs from cardboard or paper?

*Print out the templates on paper, cut them out then paste them to the material you are using with a glue stick then cut them out.

Good luck!

*Print out the templates on paper, cut them out then paste them to the material you are using with a glue stick then cut them out.

Good luck!

Or simply trace them onto the sintra/metal/card/concrete/wood/porridge* and then cut out. Means you can re-use your templates.

*some materials listed may not be suitable for use in making armour

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back