Golf clubs or Fett Blaster???

Boomer Fett

Active Hunter
Here is my thought. Father's Day and my birthday are within the next week. My beautiful and lovely wife asks me the eternal question, "What do you want?" I reply MR Fett Blaster. She says, "Heck no! I am not buying any of THAT STUFF for you!" She said that I can but that stuff on my own. So instead she want to buy me a new set of Big Bertha's that I also want. I managed to sucker my wife into marrying me three years ago and just within the last 6 months has she found out how deep my nerdiness goes. She says, "At least you aren't out at the bars or doing drugs."

So I put it to to my TDH family.

How do you bring others (Spouse, Girlfriend, Boyfriend) into the light (or dark) and help them accept or even enjoy the things that we are so passionate about? Give me your thoughts and stories folks. Please.

:cheers
-Ivan-

You tell them that they should of known about your Fett Headed-ness before they married you. :p;)

There lies the problem...I already kept it surpressed then BAMMMM!! I let her have it with both barrels. THe truth is that I have an 11 year old step son that brought it out in me again and we are having a blast doing the father and so costuming.

I have to promise my fiance that I will get her a purse or something else shiny that she likes....but then she only tolerates it

I kiddingly call my wife the "Shoe Whore" because if it isn't diamonds its shoes. I even had to give her an entire closet in our new house devoted entirely to the Shoe Mecca.

Hmm. Tell her if she gets the blaster you love her long time. If not, get lost. j/k, I don't know. If she won't buy the blaster for you, get her to buy the clubs instead. Then sell the clubs on eBay, and put that money toward the MR blaster. Duh:lol:

But in all seriousness, I have no idea what you should tell her. Sorry Ivan, I got nothin'. But you can try convincing her that it's healthy for you and your son for bonding.

I say go for the blaster. You can buy golf clubs at garage sales for cheap, sometimes free. Never the case with a blaster;)

That just sucks. Is she not supportive of your love for SW? Sometimes people can be so selfish. I say do what Lost says and sell the clubs and by the blaster. She should be happy that you are bonding with the step-son.

That just sucks. Is she not supportive of your love for SW? Sometimes people can be so selfish. I say do what Lost says and sell the clubs and by the blaster. She should be happy that you are bonding with the step-son.

I don't think its like that at all. She supports it, she just laughs at me and shakes her head a lot. She is even letting me have a Star Wars theme at our big Halloween bash this year. She is going to be Slave Leia, my son is also Fett, 14 yr daughter as Padme, 2yr daughter as R2D2 and the Great Dane as DOG VADER!!!
Let me say that over all my wife rocks. She tolerates me, the police dept and the military. She is overall supportive of me. I am just looking for suggestions that help nudge her closer to this Fettish of ours and help her see the necessity of a nice blaster. I think she is way more comfy shopping for clubs than collectibles. She is very appreciative of the time with the boy as we work on our 'tumes together.8)

Is she a SW fan at all?

Not really. She has seen most of them and loves Ewoks but mainly she just laughs, shakes her head and lets me do my thing. I try not to gripe about the cost of shoes and she makes an effort not to faint when I mention the price of Fetting. I guess its fair as I only had 3 pairs of shoes before I met her and now...*sob*:lol:

I know that I became a real SW fan about six years ago. I watched all the older ones when I was younger with my dad, but was not into it that much. My ex was a fanatic about SW. He is the one that explained most of it to me and watched them with me. He is the one that got me into it BIG TIME. Maybe you should try watching them with her and explaining things. I know when I was younger watching them I didn't understand some of the stuff that was going on. Just a suggestion on maybe getting her interested or at least understanding it. I am now more of a fan than my ex is.

I know that I became a real SW fan about six years ago. I watched all the older ones when I was younger with my dad, but was not into it that much. My ex was a fanatic about SW. He is the one that explained most of it to me and watched them with me. He is the one that got me into it BIG TIME. Maybe you should try watching them with her and explaining things. I know when I was younger watching them I didn't understand some of the stuff that was going on. Just a suggestion on maybe getting her interested or at least understanding it. I am now more of a fan than my ex is.

That's a good suggestion. She might just not understand the concept so she is simply indifferent about SW. If you can get her to watch all the movies, and explain to her, she me actually like it!

But it was still funny when you told me she asked you "What's a JAWA?!"

Some really sound advice. I recently purchased the SE Trilogy edition from ebay. I planned on sitting on them until the time was right and watch them with her. The other night the moment presented itself and I sprung for the movies hoping to get ANH in before the moment was lost. Man, was I mad when I tore open the used movies to find that all the discs were gone with the exception of the bonus disc. I about went up in flames because I already left positive feedback for the woman that sold them to me.:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back