Golf clubs or Fett Blaster???

Sounds like you did alright after all Boomer Fett. My wife doesn't understand my nerdiness and my need for Star Wars, I have tried for years to convince her, but she will not turn to the Dark Side....hehe

G-Fett

It seems that the only thing that keeps her around is the fact that my nerdiness is not running in bars or doing drugs or womanizing...You know, the usual suspects. She is slowly warming up to it and starting to understand it better. I really do look forward to the chance to join the 501st and do some charity work. All I see every day is death, doom and destruction. It would be nice to see smiling faces on kids instead of the backs of their heads as they run from me...:cheers

I totally agree, and have brought the same facts to my wife's attention, but still to no avail.... ah well, what do I care as long as I enjoy it?

That would be cool, it would be quite a change from your line of work. Do you deal with homicide's alot? That would freak me out!

Appreciate what you do for your community.

G-Fett

It seems that the only thing that keeps her around is the fact that my nerdiness is not running in bars or doing drugs or womanizing...You know, the usual suspects. She is slowly warming up to it and starting to understand it better. I really do look forward to the chance to join the 501st and do some charity work. All I see every day is death, doom and destruction. It would be nice to see smiling faces on kids instead of the backs of their heads as they run from me...:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree, and have brought the same facts to my wife's attention, but still to no avail.... ah well, what do I care as long as I enjoy it?

That would be cool, it would be quite a change from your line of work. Do you deal with homicide's alot? That would freak me out!

Appreciate what you do for your community, especially since I live in Shawnee.

G-Fett
Not much any more. The last one I had was that 4 year old boy who was backed over in his driveway by that illegal alien and killed last summer. I transferred to the School Unit last august.

I think emphasising the charity aspect of the trooping would be a good thing. Although I don't troop with the 501st I bring up the subject rather a lot with friends/family when discussion comes around to my SW helmets. Many of them scoff at the idea of people going around in costume, like a bunch of "nerds". But then when I explain that groups like the 501st do a lot of good things out there they suddenly look a little more accepting of the idea.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back