Hand-Schaub aluminum helmet a go - commitment list

Dec 17th will be the 4 month mark since I paid my deposit, but I'm just being as patient as need be, I just want a great helmet in the end! ;)

THX

:cheers

I complained and told him I xpect them by next friday. The problem here is that he has little investment in the project and what can I do... go and beat him up or sue him? He knows I wont so the best I can do is keep calling him on a regular basis as I am. As some know I am a high school teacher and I go on break starting next Thursday for two weeks. My intent is to get the metal and finish them ALL off by the start of the new year. I relaly want to make it clear that it is the foundry that is dragging thier *** which is why I gave a rediculously long turn-around time. I never thought it would actually take that long.

stoopid metal pouring guys! :)

let's all show up at the foundry and sit on the steps!!

thanks for the update!

LOL if i could afford the airfare over there i'd be right there on the steps with you protesting. But for no,w until my money tree grows more, i'll just have to offer support from affar. HS we will all wait patiently because we know these are going to be the best thing our costumes will ever have!:)

Yeah If I could I would bring my broken knee capped behind with ya and wave a crutch up in the air.........but I'm much more comfortable here on the couch. I teach High School as well and since I had my knee surgery on the 14th, I am taking an extra week off to start the break early. Nothing to do now but wait some more. :)

Fellow Fetts!!! Good news. Helmets ARE BEING CAST TODAY!!! I will have them ALL in hand by Monday! Of course I will post pictures but I wanted to let everybody know that this is indeed going as planned.

I think i speak for all of us when i say WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cheers for the updates HS, look forward to pics on Monday!

(y)WOOOO WHOOOOOOOO and a HO HO HO With a Big Red Bow (y). Great news HS. Yep, patients (1st discipline of a bounty hunter, lol) does pay off, lol. Let those of us who only paid a down payment know when you would like the balance sent by. Can't wait to see some pics and hope you and your's have a Merry Christmas HS. :cheers

Here's the good news!!

helmetsdone1.jpg

So I lied and posted a picture sooner than Monday. There are still several helmets at the foundry. They had a few cracks and need to be welded up. This is actually working to my advantage because they are grinding down and dong some finishing for me already which is good! If you notice the custom helmet has a shiny spot which is what a welded crack and finishing looks like. So yes - all helmets are cast. The ones with problems will be picked up after the 1st. I should have these first 6 finished up within the next 2 weeks.
Another mistake they made was they cast several of the ear caps in bronze. I actually like it because it reflects the ESB gold caps! But most of the helmets will have an aluminum cap unless you request the bronze.

If you notice the custom helmet has a shiny spot which is what a welded crack and finishing looks like. .

*** MY HELMET HAS A CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does this mean i get a discount because it's a factory second?:lol:

Seriously, will the rest of the helmet be that shiny when you are finished with them? or will you leave the polishing up to us? Fantastic news on the pics anyway HS< loving it so far!

I'd like to steer clear of the bronze ear caps, as i need mine to be able to have magnetic parts stuck to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another mistake they made was they cast several of the ear caps in bronze. I actually like it because it reflects the ESB gold caps! But most of the helmets will have an aluminum cap unless you request the bronze.

i very distinctly want the non-bronze, since i'm doing rotj with it :)

AWESOME to see them all together like that! I'm twitching like a little kid in a candy store.

Actually, I just got back from a candy store. So I am twitching.

*** MY HELMET HAS A CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does this mean i get a discount because it's a factory second?:lol:

Seriously, will the rest of the helmet be that shiny when you are finished with them? or will you leave the polishing up to us? Fantastic news on the pics anyway HS< loving it so far!

Really - the cracks are not a bad thing - they just need more attention which in the long run means I will be more picky about details I may not have been with before.

VP - your earcap is already part of the helmet so no worries there. BTY aluminum is not very magnetic.

The helmets will be finished to a brushed wire wheel state - not high polished but shiny. The goal is to supply you guys with a cleaned up surface that can be painted or reworked to your choosing. Some additional clean up may be necessary but I realize you all don't have equipment so I will get it to a nice as a state as I am able to.

Really - the cracks are not a bad thing - they just need more attention which in the long run means I will be more picky about details I may not have been with before.

VP - your earcap is already part of the helmet so no worries there. BTY aluminum is not very magnetic.

The helmets will be finished to a brushed wire wheel state - not high polished but shiny. The goal is to supply you guys with a cleaned up surface that can be painted or reworked to your choosing. Some additional clean up may be necessary but I realize you all don't have equipment so I will get it to a nice as a state as I am able to.

:)Thanks for that HS, btw i was only ribbing you about the cracks, i don't mind them.

can't wait to see them all ready to go!

Oh man I can hardly stand it....If possible an uncracked Boba with bronze earcaps would be stellar but will take whichever one comes my way. Oh man, Oh man, Oh man. Doing the Boba bounce as I can't really jump around the room on crutches. Ah!!! Please let us know what we need to do to EVEN-UP and get these pups in transit......of course when you are comfortable with the state they are in.

Last edited by a moderator:
*spinning on the floor* woopwoopwoop!

I get back from 2 weeks in Hong Kong to some freakin SWEET news! what a Christmas eve!!

It's a given for ally earcaps with the Jango's right?

OK, jetlags' kicking in now. too much excitement.

[A-G]

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back