My New Style Mando Armour

Thanks Marx, yes a few things are still missing, but im waitng to get my Gauntlets from Bradleyfett, he's working hard at the mo. Im still waiting for some netting to arrive from the US. But I still have loads of minor bits to sort out. Im thinking of using a Black or dark Green vest, that way the armour would stand out more on the spruce green undersuit. I need a better camara also, hehe......

Black sounds good. or maybe a grey. Fett has major color diffrance in his armor and vest, blakc could do that and tie in the black parts... just a thought

I have been working on my Vest, and i have found that in keeping with Camo, that my Olive green vest works very well. The Armour does not jump out on you, but in fact blends nice with the theme of camo. My black Ammo pouches and belt along with the black backing to the cod armour works well. I will update with some pics soon......

Looking good! IMHO, the green vest would be fine with the camo armor plates. The different colors of camo would give you some contrast with the green vest. After all, the whole point of camo is to blend into the surroundings. That is one very creative custom Mando. Keep up the good work.
:cheers

Thanks for you comments S-Hunter. The outfit is coming on great, the finishing touch will be the gauntlets when I get them. Until then all I can do is sort the minor details, and the soft parts. All I need to do now is fix the Armour to my Olive green vest, and attach the straps/elastic to my leg armour. When I get my ghile netting I can start attaching that to my back Half-Plate. Also slighty mod my weapons to look more starwarys...... so its going well.........

Well I have now started the weathering stage of my Armour its not finished yet but here is a few pics of how its going..... I will be adding dirt splashing and stuff soon......

Chest Armour Weathing 01.jpg

Chest Armour Weathing 02.jpg

Chest Armour Weathing 05.jpg

Chest Armour Weathing 06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Armour has been dry scuffed and sracthes dug into one of the chest plates and belley plate. The pics are not too clear, cos the camara is not too good, but you get the idea... I'll be adding the dirt marks and finer detail over the next few days.... I'll keep you updated as i go..........

Thanks for your coments jo, I will also be adding a dent here and there to parts of my Armour, I also have my Back plate to work on.. Thats going to have a few dents in it, from where I was evading an attack from some enemy forces, after Snipping there leader... hehe......

I have been working today on some more weathering to my Armour here is some picks of the left Chest plate. It's been dirtied up and a dent added....

Left Chest 01.jpg

Left Chest 02.jpg

Left Chest 03.jpg

and finaly for now, here is the work on the Half-Back Plate. On a few missions, I was struck in the back buy a few shots..... Being a hard mando, I surrvived.... hehe .....

Back Plate 01.jpg

Back Plate 02.jpg

Back Plate 03.jpg

Back Plate 04.jpg

I will now get to work on weathering my Helmet a little, then do the same on my Leg Armour. I will keep you posted......

Just had a brainwave, and that don't happen oftern. I have did a little tweek to my weathering to my Back Plate and the collar Armour.. I have now made an entry hole and an exit hole in the collar, this is were I was shot and the round passed right through my Armour and body... check out how it turned out,,,, what you think ?... me I think it looks cool... a war wound, and a battle scar to the Armour.... I held the back plate up so you can see the glow of my tv though the hole...

Back Plate 05.jpg

Back Plate 06.jpg

Coller 04.jpg

Coller 05.jpg

Just had a brainwave, and that don't happen oftern. I have did a little tweek to my weathing to my Back Plate and the collar Armour.. I have now made an entry hole and an exit hole in the collar, this is were I was shot and the round passed right through my Armour and body... check out how it turned out,,,, what you think ?... me I think it looks cool... a war wound, and a battle scar to the Armour.... I held the back plate up so you can see the glow of my tv though the hole...
That is something I have never seen before that is awsome.. how did you do the holes?

Thanks morpheus1977, for your comment.. I made the holes by heating up my craft knife with the heat gun till it was very hot. The found were I was going to cut into the sintra, and then pushed it though making a 10cm X mark in the Armour, on both Armour sections.. I then heated up the sintra and just pushed my Index finger though the same hole. For the Collar Armour I push from the inside outwards, and for the Back Plate Outside inwards... It's turned out very good I think. All I had to do then was paint the metal effect on all the forced surfaces to look like damaged metal.... I will now work on my Leg Armour over the next few days, and will keep you all posted....

Your weathering looks great, and the hole is very unique, but looks great!! I think this has got to be the photo heavy thread!!! great updates...keep it up!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back