Low budget Boba jet pack

Honus

Hunter
Low budget Boba jetpack

Just started my jet pack- as with the rest of my costume I'm trying to build it using only what I can scrounge in my garage or get for free. The majority of the jet pack will be constructed of foam and cardboard.

I just started the missile tonight- it's being constructed from styrene sheet. I've got to hustle if I'm going to finish by halloween. :lol:

Fettjetpack1.jpg

Wow! Looks GREAT! :)

Edit:

That is just amazing work... I know that after seeing this piece, the rest of the jet pack will rival some of the best makers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looks GREAT! :)

Edit:

That is just amazing work... I know that after seeing this piece, the rest of the jet pack will rival some of the best makers.

Oh I doubt that! The seam on the back side isn't so pretty but it should clean up OK. My requirements are make it cheap, fast, light and reasonably strong. Then comes accuracy!:lol:

I have the seam on the back of my rocket too, I used the CNC laser to cut my WOF pieces out, they formed fine, and bondo covered up the seam once it was smoothed out and painted. I'm sure the styrene was easier to form, it looks to be 1/16" thick.

I originally wanted to make mine from thin gauge sheet steel and use my laser welder to weld it together. It would have been exceptionally light and strong. Unfortunately there just isn't time- maybe after Halloween is over.:D

Jerome

the rocket is the hardest part.

the jet pack is easy, especially after you make it once, i learned all the tricks after my first try, well it wasn't a try since i finished it. but i like my second one better

-=QuinN!

Your Boba Fett will turn out fantastic with the amount of detail I've seen... Have you transformed your car into Slave 1 yet? ;)

Thanks guys! Next I'm going to try and cut the jet pack body out of blue foam- should be interesting!

That missile is pimp dude.Got any progress pics?I am going to try and tackle one of these in metal as soon as I get some free time.

Those are the only pics I took- I was just in too much of a hurry to get it done! I had thought of laser welding one out of thin sheet metal at my work- it would have been awesome but it just would have taken too long to make.

I'm really hoping the blue foam idea works- it'll be a major time saver. And yes it will be very light.....

Here's my progress so far. I ended up making it out of cardboard as I didn't have enough blue foam.

jetpack6.jpg

jetpack7.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back