Wow..

What a piece of work that lady is. Taco...I easily see your scabbard frog and your bracer and your shoulder harness on that costume. Its easy to see the tooling is the exact same as yours, and why she rolls all her leather at the edges...EXCEPT all the parts I just mentioned. And all those parts are dyed both front and back.

We at TDH know the truth, she has her minions on DA that think she is the victim here. Its easy to see that she has yet to prove all the parts I called her out on. Waste of time is what she is man...

This is sad, people trying to take credit for your stellar work, man this REALLY stinks, bro, I am right behind you. If you need a heavy gunner in the army standing behind you, just give me a ring :p :)

You know, I'm just canceling the account if I can. This is stupid. I use to wonder why guys like MOW would get mad when people would recast his things. I mean I know he would have the right to be upset, but I now have experienced it first hand. At first I was upset, but after the **** she's been flaming off over there, I became enraged. Somewhere on one of my photo discs I have the WIP on the sword frog and other things. And when I find them, I will post them in FULL RES!!

Not cool! Hopefully she will step up, be honest and rectify the situation and give you the credit that you are due. Considering you dye the back as well, which I think is awesome BTW, do you also Brand the back sides of your leather components?

I had a makers ink stamp made which I wanted to stamp the backs, but because I dye the backs of the pieces, it doesnt show up. So I never marked the backs with it. I would however sometimes handtool my name on a small piece and if the piece required stitching I would have it sewn in.

Ok guys, I know I dont frequent these threads as much anymore since I've completed my Fett costume but I just want to say I can vouch for her. Fev does amazing work on all of her costumes, and props especially. I have talked with her about leather work and exchanged ideas etc... As a member of the dentedhelmet and someone who is known in the cosplay community I feel the need to say something about this. I honestly dont see much resemblance to your belts especially. And I remember when she was constructing her gauntlet. In the comparison shots, one its really fuzzy, and two I dont see the deep tooling lines that you do in the bottom of your belts.

you are both very good at your craft I think it's best to let this die and realize that it's one big misunderstanding. Also you all shouldnt be so quick to judge based on one persons allegation. Take a look at her other work, to my knowledge you havent sold or made any Ezio leather pieces and she's just uploaded pictures of her pauldren which in my opinion looks spot on and uses some of the same techniques as the Altair belt. So she obviously knows what she's doing with leather why would she have to steal from you? If this were some 15 year old kid who just came into the costuming world claiming something like that I'd be more quick to take your side, but shes been doing this for awhile and doing many commissions as well. Take a look through her gallery and you can see that she isnt someone who's out to steal from you or anyone else, because she doesnt need to.

guys, just take a minute to think this through and keep an open mind that's all I'm asking.

here's some links to her stuff.

http://fevereon.deviantart.com/art/Ezio-cosplay-pauldron-130540625

http://fevereon.deviantart.com/art/Alt-cosplay-proof-of-creation1-131265806

Forcebewitya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the easy way to do it would be to just buy a branding iron. Only it can be alittle sloppy if you don't have a steady hand and its kinda smelly when you do it. If the leather is a light weight you don't want to do it at all. It would show up on the front.

Forcebewitya, I've known you for quite some time as well. I've even done work for you I believe. The thing is, there are some parts which she did do, I'm not nor was I questioning those parts. I looked through her things as well. Which is why it confused me why she would buy other parts from someone else. Trust me, I've been looking at the pieces all day. I know what I see. I did many of these parts and I can't honestly say I know where every piece went because I sold half of them on ebay. But half her parts don't match up with the other half. I've bought leather stuff before that wasn't mine just so I could either remake or make a pattern. (keep in mind though that those things are stuff like Old Vintage Postal Mail Bags) I want to be accurate when I remake them. I've emailed the post master if this is allowed and they told me that they do not use the leather bags anymore so its ok to remake them as long as I don't mark any kind of U.S. markings on them. Its great to buy a piece and redo it so you can get a good pattern down. But I don't buy other peoples leather costume pieces and redo them.

I am tired of all this though. If she wants to say what ever it is she wants to say thats fine. I have said my piece to her, let her live with it. I guess if this is her way of making income than shes gonna say what she needs to say. I'm getting out of costume making and going into bag making. She can have my leftovers. I will leave it alone but I stand firm with my decision.

I'll be honest with you. I have no way of knowing which one of you is right on this matter we're all thousands of miles away and I dont know Fev well enough to tell you that I witnessed her working on her leather pieces. But I feel that I'm a good enough judge of character to know that she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that. It seems perfectly logical to me that someone like her with a gift for all things costume making could pick up leatherworking and do amazing work, maybe even work that looks like yours (someone who is well known and does excellent work). We're all trying to make the costume look like the art and the in game shots, and we all for the most part buy our leather at Tandy leather so it seems perfectly logical that two Altair belts could come out looking very similar. Granted my belt looks different but I like mine and even though the both of you are better at leather working than I am I prefer mine.

Also, something that is different about the cosplay community and the 501st TDH and RL communities is that making your own costume is MUCH more important to cosplayers. Where as on a website such as this one the ultimate goal is to have an awesome Fett costume which could mean buying leather work from you, getting armor from BM, boots from Caboots etc... you all know what I'm talking about. That to me is another reason why I cant see someone like her, who is rooted in the cosplay community doing something like this. Granted it has happend before but it's been more obvious at least to me.

I do agree that this should have been handled differently from the start. If this were a clear cut case of she definitely took your stuff and used it claiming it was hers I'd be right on the bandwagon. But I think that no matter whos side you take it's very hazy. So to jump on someones page and accuse them and post deriding comments is downright immature, and as I said on her deviation I am very dissapointed how some of the members of this site acted. I always see Star Wars costumers as being more mature than that but today I was proven wrong.

Forcebewitya.

What I find interesting is, she's so very defensive, and her attempts at flaming overshadow her 'proof' or 'defenses'. Now in all my years of online gaming and running into and running OVER people, she's reacting in a very specific way - the guilty and busted way.

The old me, the younger me that didn't have a wife and kids would ask you if you'd like me to light her up in a flame post that would make Satan feel the burn, but the older, wiser, father figure in me is saying, you know what? You know, we know, everyone knows the truth - especially her. And yeah it's absolutely horrible that she's claiming your work as her own, so what you do is use the proper channels and file a report with the staff of the site and anywhere else she thinks she can get away with pawning off your work as her ****, with all of the proof that you have to provide. For better or worse, they'll decide what to do (like it would happen here or any other community) and that's it. Don't sink yourself down to her obviously disturbed level. Like the saying goes, she'll beat you with experience. She's a bit 'off'. Many, many, MANY people live out an all important, and very fragile existence online and you're fracturing her mirror. :cry

In the end, no matter what DA decides, every single solitary human being knows what's up. Let her nerdrage. The people that matter back you. :cheers

But this is just the opinion of a random guy on TDH no one knows yet. lol :)

What I find interesting is, she's so very defensive, and her attempts at flaming overshadow her 'proof' or 'defenses'. Now in all my years of online gaming and running into and running OVER people, she's reacting in a very specific way - the guilty and busted way.

The old me, the younger me that didn't have a wife and kids would ask you if you'd like me to light her up in a flame post that would make Satan feel the burn, but the older, wiser, father figure in me is saying, you know what? You know, we know, everyone knows the truth - especially her. And yeah it's absolutely horrible that she's claiming your work as her own, so what you do is use the proper channels and file a report with the staff of the site and anywhere else she thinks she can get away with pawning off your work as her ****, with all of the proof that you have to provide. For better or worse, they'll decide what to do (like it would happen here or any other community) and that's it. Don't sink yourself down to her obviously disturbed level. Like the saying goes, she'll beat you with experience. She's a bit 'off'. Many, many, MANY people live out an all important, and very fragile existence online and you're fracturing her mirror. :cry

In the end, no matter what DA decides, every single solitary human being knows what's up. Let her nerdrage. The people that matter back you. :cheers

But this is just the opinion of a random guy on TDH no one knows yet. lol :)

And you in all your fatherly wisdom know for 100 percent that she did all this. Honestly it amazes me how both sides of this are just flaming and bashing without even stopping to consider the other side. No one will listen to me anyway so I dont even know why I bother.

also with the dyeing habits the reason she didnt dye the waist belt is because when you're in a hot costume such as altair you sweat, and your sweat will make the dye bleed. this has happend to one of my costumes and I was using a professional belt from a department store. So obviously taking the precaution not to dye something that isnt seen anyway is a good idea.

As far as the shoulder belt goes, you can see the insides where it loops under your arm and so forth. therefore you dye that so that your costume doesnt look weird. I do the same thing. I dont see that as a valid point.

why would someone go to all the trouble to make their own belt only to in the end use someone elses, that barely looks any different? its not like she made a ****** one and then got yours she took the time to stitch it and everything. It just doesnt make any sense.

99centtaco-How does your belt attach in the back? ie snaps ties etc...

Forcebewitya.

I think that it maybe a good idea if the Mods go ahead and close this one, just to cut it off before it gets really ugly. Just a suggestion though, of course.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back