Wireless In-Ear Headphones?

Jesuit24

Hunter
Hey, for those of you with a hearing aid system in your helmet, what headphones do you use? I currently have some comfortable ones that came with my phone, but given the whole hearing aid system is in the helmet, I have some trouble putting the headphones in and out when I'm taking off and putting on my helmet. As I got a wireless setup for the Aker mic that I permanently attached in the helmet, I'm wanting to do the same for the headphones, making them wireless so I don't have to keep taking them out whenever I want a breather.

So not specifically for Boba, what could I get? The aim is to have it low profile in the ear to be able to fit a helmet over my ears (since I have fans about half an inch away from my ears, there's not much room), comfortable and with a long battery life to last a day. The cheap in ear 'stealth' headphones I've seen only last 3 hours, which isn't that long.

Going through the research process right now myself. Have you looked into Bluetooth or FM tx/rx options?

Are your trying to keep it a closed system or able to integrate phone/mp3 player?

Sent from my iPhone

Have you considered looking at covert body set ear pieces (the sort of thing that plain clothes police officers wear). I used to have one where the entire earpiece fit inside my ear and was linked via Bluetooth to the radio set so there were no visible wires. There was a PTT that ran down the sleeve. The earpiece itself was tiny and flesh covered; it wasn't great in very noisy places although your helmet as a barrier will deal with a lot of that issue. The batteries only last a day at best but I suspect that was just rubbish batteries.

Given you'll be wearing a helmet and neckseal you could probably consider some of the wired options too. The wired versions produced a far better signal although I suspect technology might have come on a bit that this may not now be an issue but the wired options didn't suffer the battery life problems.

I'm not technical enough to know how you'd hook it all up but anything is possible these days. It can't be that complicated.

I'm doing a dual lavalier mic mounted in helmet, facing out through small hidden holes I drilled. They are spliced together (refer to pic)

5ca86407007798e97334dbc04145a73a.jpg

That connects to an audio amplifier (rechargeable). Has volume control. That feeds to headphones thank have mounted inside the bucket.

I spliced in a Bluetooth Tx/Rx so that I can send music and other audio from my phone into the headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any higher aspirations than simply hearing outside the helmet, so I'm not looking into integrating it into my phone or music player.

I've been looking at these to convert the Uproar hearing aid system I've got to bluetooth.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-in-1-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Audio-Transmitter-Receiver-3-5mm-Stereo-Output-/281819232997?hash=item419dbc3ae5:g:3Z0AAOSwFnFWEmVU

But I'm not sure how I'd get them both to enter pairing mode? Do I need a Bluetooth devices screen like on a PC to activate them, or does simply hitting the button on both respective devices (transmitter and earphones) pair them automatically?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back