Blaster Who makes your favorite ROTJ EE3 Blaster?

Kilryth

Hunter
I am starting to look for an EE3 blaster (rotj). Who makes your favorite one?

Accuracy, durability, weight, and ability to add electronics (hollow) are all factors that I would like to balance.

How accurate is Hyperfirm?
How durable is Fettpride's?

Who are the others in the same league?

Thanks!

Never seen a hyperfirm, but the E11 hyperfirm blasters were a little off in accuracy, but were made to hold up to trooping.

Other makers have used webley flare guns and molded theirs from them, so they're pretty accurate.
Stormrider, Sidewinder, and MLS cast these items. As far as I know FP was going to be introducing them.

I have a Sidewinder with the Hasbro electronics in it, and I like it. He does a great job assembling his blasters. Only part that concerns me is the main body of the blaster ( between the D bracket and the chamber) This area is pretty thin and fragile to be all resin. I'm sure some makers will begin adding metal inside this part soon to prevent breakage.

Never seen a hyperfirm, but the E11 hyperfirm blasters were a little off in accuracy, but were made to hold up to trooping.

Other makers have used webley flare guns and molded theirs from them, so they're pretty accurate.
Stormrider, Sidewinder, and MLS cast these items. As far as I know FP was going to be introducing them.

I have a Sidewinder with the Hasbro electronics in it, and I like it. He does a great job assembling his blasters. Only part that concerns me is the main body of the blaster ( between the D bracket and the chamber) This area is pretty thin and fragile to be all resin. I'm sure some makers will begin adding metal inside this part soon to prevent breakage.

I think someone is selling a metal bracket now.

I personally have a hyperfirm RoTJ EE3 to use on troops where things get "rough" while I build a full electric EE3 as my new weapon. The hyperfirm is about as indestructable as you can get (MLS sells a similar rubber version I believe which is nice). Its not as accurate as the other 3 vendors...but its VERY close.

I like the detail of Sidewinders best. I like the durability of Hyperfirm best. And Stormrider offers a more durable resin option supposably.

I am leaning towards Hyperfirm or Stormrider for durability (stormrider for accuracy and electronics).

Can anyone share photos, weight, and durability of Stormrider's resin ROTJ kit (or a similar esb one)?

Thank you all!

Sent from my SGH-T999L

This is my sidewinder blaster :

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

I haven't dropped it so I can't say much on it's durability. Not something I want to really test with resin, but I imagine a good drop will crack it and require some repair. Just be careful with it. I am really careful where I walk when I'm trooping and really careful when packing everything up. Haven't had any issues.

As for weight, if you plan on adding extras, the weight will increase. I added a real scope which gives it more of a hefty feeling (which I like). While good for longer troops, too light makes it feel fake. Adding the electronics will also add some good weight.

This is my own attempt at a special edition I flipped the scope around and tried to make it look shorter and cut,It's a MLS EE-3 resin non lightweight,I came up with the paint scheme and Lou helped me out with the painting...:) Love the look and feel of MLS craftsmanship and work....

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back