Where does the cape attach

01Hawk

Active Hunter
I looked at a bunch of different pictures and it seems the cape is positioned in a few different places. Currently I stuck mine on the inner stud of the back armor to neck plate but I am thinking that is wrong.

In one of the good ROTJ screen captures you can see it attached under both studs. Then later you can't even see that it is attached at all. When he is face down on the skiff it isn't attached to the shoulders it is draped between his backplate and jet pack.

I attach mine to the outer stud and then loop it over the inner stud through a larger hole. So it appears to be attached to both.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gall...n-of-the-jedi-costume-hd-screen-captures.html

Oh dont do this to me, I always thought it was left outer stud and never thought about it, until now :lol: now I am going to have to tare the internet apart to find out! where is Raf he knows most things (y)

I'm in the same boat, I thought the standard was the outer left stud. Now I'm questioning everything... :facepalm

There is one supertrooper pic that makes it look like it is just shoved somewhere behind the backplate and then I saw a few ESB type pics with it clearly not attached to the studs and one with it attached to the outer I think. I will put a few up later when I'm done work. If it isn't to the studs I'm not sure where else it would go? Especially my towel as it will drag on the ground for sure

I'm pretty certain you're safe that way on a SE Fett Craig.

That said and to add more confusion into the deal....I just looked at the gallery for S/E fetts and the pic of the ANH S/E shows Boba by the falcon and it looks like it isn't attached anywhere.....it looks tucked in somewhere behind the jetpack ??
Weird ??

After they decided to transform the Supertrooper suit into Boba Fett, they also added the cape, the wookie braids and the girth belt (and of course the color scheme and the weathering). The white prototype suit had the cape attached to the left jetpack hook (barely visible):
Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-01.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-06.jpg

The first suit was the Pre-Pro #1 v1 which had the cape tied behind the neck:
Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-Early-Eyes.jpg

The Pre-Pro #1 v2 had one end of the cape attached with a buckle to the jetpack (somewhere above the left hook), while the other end was attached to the right side of the collar with another buckle:
Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-Assembly-11.jpg scottjuaRef-11.jpg

The Pre-Pro #2 had the cape stuffed under the left inner side of the collar/backplate:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-31.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-27.jpg

The Pre-Pro #3 had the cape attached to the jetpack, as this suit had the Pre-Pro #1 gauntlets, jetpack and cape:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Third-Prototype-04.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Third-Prototype-06.jpg

The ESB Hero cape was attached to the outer left shoulder stud and the nearest end stuffed/attached somewhere to the left jetpack hook:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-08.jpg View attachment Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-03.jpg

The ROTJ Hero had the cape attached to the outer left shoulder stud in the Jabba's palace scenes, while in most of the stunt scenes the cape was attached randomly, more exactly stuck under the back plate or attached to the left jetpack hook:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02a.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-BRD-060.jpg Boba ROTJ 056.jpg Snapshot-2011-10-12 at 10_30_49 PM-1219871998.jpg 70228aa6bcd34747b86bd3b92ab2d5fb.jpg

The ANH SE had the cape stuck under the inner side of the back plate:
Mark Austin 09.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-ANH-02.png

The ROTJ SE had it the same way as the ANH SE, but attached to the outer left shoulder stud in the promo shots:
Snapshot-2011-10-12 at 10_19_29 PM-180575846.jpg B9JgUEMIgAEAYx4.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-05.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-19.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-Early-Eyes.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-Assembly-11.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-31.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Third-Prototype-04.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Third-Prototype-06.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-27.jpg

scottjuaRef-11.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-08.jpg

View attachment Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-03.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02a.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-BRD-060.jpg

Boba ROTJ 056.jpg

70228aa6bcd34747b86bd3b92ab2d5fb.jpg

Mark Austin 09.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-ANH-02.png

Snapshot-2011-10-12 at 10_19_29 PM-180575846.jpg

B9JgUEMIgAEAYx4.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-05.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-19.jpg

Snapshot-2011-10-12 at 10_30_49 PM-1219871998.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-01.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-06.jpg

Thank you Raf! Your posts are always informative and detailed. Once I get the harness done ( hopefully tonight) I will move my towel the Jetpack hook .

Since I already poked a hole in my towel and put a grommet it , am going to try and put some kind of ring on it to attach to the d ring for the Jetpack hook.

Thanks for the kind comments. Regarding the Supertrooper cape I based my suppositions on these images:
Cape Attachment.jpg

You can clearly see that the cape comes from behind the left shoulder bell and not from the collar plate. For a strong proof I did the following to this image (in the unaltered image you can barely see the cape's end):
ST Cape Attachment.jpg

Just saw that the left outer shoulder stud's top part is painted in red (not sure about the others)... Yes, we all learn things every day.

I see the red on the cap but wonder if that is just an issue with the aged picture. The beacon cap also looks brass/copper colored and it is black in other pics. Everytime I think I have it right something else come up haha

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back