Welsh's ESB paint up WIP

Thanks Goodus, means alot :p, ive just gone and ordered a stormrider interior for my lid, cant wait till all my helmet parts get here so i can start again.

Yeah pretty much, the next lid is going to be my trooping bucket, so I kinda want all the bells and whistles to wow the public. RC set up with RF led's, Mic system and the SR interior that I will mod to accommodate the other accessories lol. I wont do a wip thread but I will post up some pictures when its done to get some opinions on it. Just gotta start working on scaling the stencils down and I think im pretty much good to go :D

What i do is measure the parts vs the helmet cause the stencils are all different really IMHO some parts are right when at a certain % but others arent to the same scale....and its gonna depend on the helmet as well, if you get a GMH I'll be more than happy to lend any info I came across as Im painting one right now ESB

Ahh see thats what I did, I scaled the back down so that it was the same size as the helmet, and presumed all the other templates were at the same scale so I scaled them down the same as the panels :facepalm Cheers for that.
I think some of the damage look good, the top scratch and cat scratch I think look spot on size wise, but I could see that the dent is a little over sized when I was painting the killstripes, but I dont think its that noticeable.
Cheers for the offer for the stencils mate, but the lid ive got is a MR cast thats had that bloody pinched visor fixed lol. I will end up getting a GMH when the queue goes down a bit, but whether I will actually paint it will be a different story :lol:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back