well, here we go. Pacx's Progress.

I can't DO THIS any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The armour split when i tried to draw in the battle damage and boom. I'm left with a crack down my girth and cod plates.

Oh yeah in my Story, your squad is with me and Je'karta when he Fell you also witnessed my slaughtering of the jedi, also it can't be that gruesome because the jedi used a lightsaber and not a sword

There's no point vode, its irreparable. I'll see if i can get something to stick the pieces together but Bondo isn't around in the UK so I dunno a substitute.

you dont get any sort of bondo? I'd look around for something that people use as a car dent filler then if i were you. They should have something

another thing you could do (depending on the damage) Heat up the crack and hold the melt the pieces back together... Im no pro at this that just something ive done with my armor

I have also melted plastic together for small repairs on stuff So grab a propane torch Hold plastic together
Melt
Fuse
Secure
Cool
Polish
Paint
Done

Propane torches are a little OTT, dontcha think?

Anyway, I'm gonna put the costume on hold for now. Maybe buy another chest, cod and neck plate.

It would, worked for anything ive done. Pacx why not just shoot up a few pics? It doesnt take long and then we can see where you're at

What, a propane torch? Really? I don't have one and don't have the credits to acquire one.

I also think it would be easier ( don't get me wrong, im not going the quick and easy route) financially and practically to just get some more armour, ans whilst I'm at it I can get some arm and leg pieces too. Don't worry guys, I'm not out of it yet.

Prudii Familt Motto: Semper Paeratus 'Never Give Up'

Any car body filler is bondo over here in the UK, P34 I think is the closest As the reaction agent is pink.

Simple point is if it can repair a car dent, be sanded and you can buy it from Halfords, it's what the US call Bondo.

I'd like to see your plates, with the damage and we'll see what we can do to sort you out Pacx. So send photos of your current progress.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the aesthetics of the armour: How's it gonna look if there's a huge tear down the centre bits? It's like sticking two pieces of ripped paper together with glue.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back