Vest Fabric List Closed - ALL ORDERS RECEIVED

reidemiller wrote:

If you still have the extra on Thursday, I'll buy it.
I haven't had any takers as of yet, so it is yours. :)
I will ship all of your material at the same time to save you some $$$ which should only be $3.05 for S&H. That make the new total $43.05.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Eric is good for his share, so I went ahead and placed the order this morning. ;)

They will ship it out to me on Monday, so hopefully I will have it sometime next week. Once I do, I will begin the measuring, cutting, and packaging process. If I can feasably mail it all out the same day, I will. If not, it will go out in the order payment was received (see the first post for that order). I will post all updates in this thread.

* UPDATE *

The fabric has arrived and I will begin the measuring/cutting/packaging process tomorrow. I hope to have everyone's order shipped out by Friday. I will change the "<font color="#CC0000">PAID" status next to your names to "<font color="#0000FF">SHIPPED" as they go out, hopefully all of them on the same day. All I ask is that you let me know when your order arrives.

I just noticed that the order I placed had 8 yards backordered. I called them up and they said that they were out (although they told me prior to the order that they had 400 yards in stock). Luckily they found an additional ten yards and are shipping it out to me today. Wanna here the kicker? As I mentioned in the original thread, this fabric is only made a few times a year. They have no plans on producing anymore until they have a minimum order of 300 yards! :eek: So for those of you who bought some this time around, you timed it right as it may be some time before it is available again.

::Edit:: The backordered fabric arrived this morning (man, was that quick), so everyone's orders will go out as scheduled (Friday).

I was never very good at math, but according to my calculations (always wanted to say that):

At $16/yard, the minimum order of 300 yards would cost $4800...

...yowzers. :eek:

Glad I picked some up! :D

I got mine! Since BobaFettish and I are practically neighbors I got my vest fabric this weekend! Let me just say that it is exactly what I was hoping/searching for all this time and you all will be very pleased! The color, weight, weave, and sheen are perfect in my opinion and I no longer have to search the fabric racks. Thanks again BobaFettish I'm so glad you were able to offer this!

Got mine today, too! I love it! Off to Chris' sister it goes! :D

Thanks BF! (y)

I am glad the postal gods are in my favor. :lol: I could have saved you guys a few more bucks and just sent it straight to Heidi. I did that for Bob and Marcus.

Received mine on Monday as well. Thanks!!

Does anybody know if the vest should have a thin layer of batting or something in it to fill it out a bit?

Dengar,

Yes, when putting together the vest, use a layer or two of batting ($5 for a roll at Jo-Ann's Fabrics). Use batting on the shoulders as well.

Personally, I don't use any batting on the back of the vest, since the entire area is covered by the back-plate. It tends to get a little warm back there with batting.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back