UV-curing adhesive?

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi all,
Curious if anyone's tried any of those UV-curing adhesives. A couple of the brand names I've seen
are "Lazer Bond" and "Bondic." Seems like these would be pretty handy. . . if they work as well as
the advertising claims.

I've been looking for something that will bond plastic to glass to create some shelf supports. The
shelves wouldn't hold a lot of weight, but I want an adhesive that will be strong enough so that it
won't just let go unexpectedly under a load.

I was curious about that too. I saw one of the commercials and went and read a lot of reviews. Sadly it looks like most of the reviews are negative. It would be great if that worked as good as how they make it look. I thought about getting one just simply to see if it works.

I've used Solarez and uv cure sanding resin. Solarez is a bit thicker and spreads easy with a brush. The sanding resin is thin, runny and makes a mess.
I was using it to rotocast and on my helmet, not sure if it would work on shelves
433b9df93b7e57a37e712c0125fb87a9.jpg
9f251d5ee93c0c5c1e52d2de037bcd33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, I bought some Bondic a couple of weeks ageand have been pleasantly surprised. I will say that the applications aren't as wide spread as they claim, but I've been able to fix almost all my kids small plastic toys that I use to use standard super glue for with better results.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back