Transformers 2...is it that bad

One man...betrayed by his country... alright seriously...

I didn't think it was that bad at all, I accepted it for what it was, a summer action movie, a sequel to make money, and that's that. It's good fun, the twins were funny, the action was cool (What would a big giant robot movie be without non-stop action? I don't wanna watch them talk, if they're not shootin it up, what would happen?) the acting isn't horrible in either the first, or the second, the humor is there on purpose (meant to entertain...) and all in all, while they're not award worthy movies (in my opinion) they are still fun to watch, and worth seeing it in theatres with the blazing sound, and the huge screen. I saw it at midnight with my friends, and it was well worth it, when you have a stomach full of sugar, you pay a lot more attention.

The only thing I didn't like about the film was how the Deceptacons (If I didn't spell that right, deal with it, cause it's a Star Wars forum : P) found out all the vital information in what was about two minutes...otherwise, it was good stuff : P
What also bothers me is that I can't remember what "The Maestro" said in his line that was like "One man, betrayed by his country..." then I forget the rest. Shame on me.

I saw it today, and I have to say I had a blast! Storyline? Whatever, it´s better than the first one, but not Oscar-material to say the least. But I don´t go see movies like these for the great dialogue and deep storyline. This is pure eyecandy! And in my opinion, a must to see in the movietheaters.

Yep, sounds like it's going to be a split, just like the IJ & the Crystal Skull, Wolverine, and Aliens vs Predator. Add some CGI, a few big 'splosions and who really cares about character development, dialogue or story?

Lol - just ribbing you guys. Though this does remind me a little bit of Demo Moore in G.I. Jane when they ask her why she wants to be in the SEALS...

Saw it last night with the wife and we both came away loving it. This has to be the biggest CGI fest ever and I can see why some people find that there's too much going on at once, it was at times sensory overload.
This movie had action by the barrel load,comedy (the twins were not that bad) the acting was far from poor and despite the story being paper thin, it did exactly what it said on the tin. This is giant robots kicking the smeg out of one another not Citizen Kane. If you want plot and depth to a movie this is not for you. If you want robots fighting, explosions, military hardware and cheesy gags go and see this movie as you'll have a ball. It has been said before but I will reiterate. This is not the cartoon and I'm truly thankful for that because it was arse!! A method for flogging toys so kids could pester their parents. And although this movie will have the same effect I'm sure that's not the whole point. I would suggest that it's to have an entertaining couple of hours, but that's just me.
My biggest gripe about this movie is the ballsed up geography in Egypt at the end of the movie.....Since when are the Pyramids next to the Sphinx, or Luxor, or the valley of the Kings or Jordan for that matter. Bay needs to open an atlas!

Anyway I've had my say so I'll shut up.
Cheers :)

I took my 8 year old to see it at an I-max .:eek:MG as said before sensory overload on the fight scenes when the grappling starts its hard to tell who is who:confused.I thought there was a little more language than needed,after all this is geared towards kids.case in point the flimsy plot.My son enjoyed it and thats all I wanted from it:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I am getting to the party a bit late, but we finally saw this over the weekend. Having read MULTIPLE reviews, I went in full ready for a hate-fest... and walked out... pleasantly surprised! I am one of the most critical movie-goers I know. Mirax hates even going to movies with me because she says I can't just enjoy them for what they are but have to pick them apart. Tranformers 2 certainly has its flaws, the majority being in the first half of the film with all of the "human" and "comedy" elements... but once we get into the robots pounding each other to dust parts... whew! I have to say that I honestly felt a little like a kid again... and that is the FIRST time I can say that since... well, since I WAS a kid! T2 really picked up on a corrected a lot of failures in T1. The whole end battle was just unbelievably awesome and everything I would want fighting robots to be! While there is a lot to hate, there is so much to love that I can't help but give this movie a thumbs up!

Simply IMO I also read and heard alot of negative reviews and came out of the theater confused.... I liked all the action and anticipation for the story to unfold in character roles (except the twins) but as it ended i couldnt believe that was the end! The whole movie was like a big 2 hour opening seen that never ended.
*OK enough negative thinking*
Overall I did like it and would recommend seeing it in theater

I know I am getting to the party a bit late, but we finally saw this over the weekend. Having read MULTIPLE reviews, I went in full ready for a hate-fest... and walked out... pleasantly surprised! I am one of the most critical movie-goers I know. Mirax hates even going to movies with me because she says I can't just enjoy them for what they are but have to pick them apart. Tranformers 2 certainly has its flaws, the majority being in the first half of the film with all of the "human" and "comedy" elements... but once we get into the robots pounding each other to dust parts... whew! I have to say that I honestly felt a little like a kid again... and that is the FIRST time I can say that since... well, since I WAS a kid! T2 really picked up on a corrected a lot of failures in T1. The whole end battle was just unbelievably awesome and everything I would want fighting robots to be! While there is a lot to hate, there is so much to love that I can't help but give this movie a thumbs up!
please do not refer to this as T2. there is only one T2, and it ain't revenge of the fallen, it's judgement day.

i enjoyed transformers 2. there were some parts that made me cringe (devastator's junk) and some that i really liked. overall i think it was worth the $12.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back