To the ESB Fetts

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello fellow Fett’s!
Here’s a challenge. Watch this 6:38 video....

When done watching, can the experts tell me all the things that are wrong with the costume? Or what could be improved upon?

-Iron

Last edited:
Technically it's not really a costume, more of a display piece /manaquin because it cannot be worn. The fiqure itself is quite good and only has a few minor issues. I would probably leave it as it is if I had one myself so it didn't effect any future resale value.

I stand corrected, a "Collectors Display Piece". And hypothetically speaking, if this was a costume, would this be good enough to gain entry into the 501st?

Technically it's not really a costume, more of a display piece /manaquin because it cannot be worn. The fiqure itself is quite good and only has a few minor issues. I would probably leave it as it is if I had one myself so it didn't effect any future resale value.

Funkyred - What few minor issues did you detect? I also agree that it is quite good, they have a quite a few other Star Wars Life-Sized Figures that looked really good too. I found myself watching this one and wondered what the experts at TDH would say about the ESB Boba.

-Iron

nothing that goes to China to be made comes out the way it was intended.... a few TDH members helped with this project. Like Funkyred said it’s a collectors piece not a costume, it’s not perfect everyone who knows fett knows that.

Fett 4 Real - That's really cool that the project had the help, assistance & guidance of the folks here on TDH. And agreed, the Fett costume is ever evolving and probably will never be perfected.

-Iron

head/helmet too small!
wrong flightsuit, looks like ROTJ
armor too plastic looking with some wrong paint damage
jetpack is wrong green
knee armor is too faded yellow, needs slight orange
gloves looks awful
girth belth too wide
chest display looks wrong
shoes look wrong is there a black middle stripe?

not worth the 8k

a more accurate version can be made for less, and it'll be wearable, I did....however for a casual SW fan, it'a great piece to display!

On the cod/kidney armor attachment the cod piece should overlap the kidney piece, not vise versa.
CFBD51B6-C8E1-4384-96C5-64AC0AD55894.png

head/helmet too small!
wrong flightsuit, looks like ROTJ
armor too plastic looking with some wrong paint damage
jetpack is wrong green
knee armor is too faded yellow, needs slight orange
gloves looks awful
girth belth too wide
chest display looks wrong
shoes look wrong is there a black middle stripe?

not worth the 8k

a more accurate version can be made for less, I did....however for a casual SW fan, it'a great piece to display!

mandomigs - Hahaha! "gloves look awful" :lol:. I also thought it is a good piece for that (as you put it) "Casual SW Fan". Honestly though , I didn't even see the $8000 price tag.....Wow! Yeah I'd also have to say, not worth it. Concerning the boots I know the 501st says you can have that center section painted Black or Dark Gray. For me anyways, it always seemed like the ESB variant was that Dark Gray as pictured in their ESB reference pic.

Boot Comparision.jpg

and as Fett 4 Real stated - this is an ever changing costume, who knows if it'll ever be complete. ;)

On the cod/kidney armor attachment the cod piece should overlap the kidney piece, not vise versa.
View attachment 192778

ShortFuse - Good Catch! (y) Are we gonna chalk that up to being a "Rookie Mistake"?

-Iron

Last edited:
Something that jumped out at me after having just painted mine, two of their collar studs are red topped. Should only be one if you're using any red topped studs.

The possible combos:
  • 3 white studs, no grey, with red top stud on outside left.
  • 3 white studs, no grey, with red top stud on outside right.
  • Red top stud on the outside right, grey on the outside left.
  • Red top stud on the inside left, grey stud on the outside left.
  • All 4 studs are white, no grey and no red top stud.

I didn't care for how high they positioned the girth belt, but that's probably a simple adjustment to meet personal preference.

Last edited:
I assume it was just an assembly mistake that was filmed. It can probably be assembled the correct way.

ShortFuse - Hahaha! "The Correct Way". :lol:
Boba Maker makes those armor pieces in such a way that its kinda dummy-proof. You can see that there are tabs on the upper and lower part of the Cod/Kidney Armor. The Kidney cannot overlap the Cod armor, with Boba Makers Armor it just wouldn't work the other way.
Kidney and Cod Armor.jpg

-Iron

droidbait - yeah the T-800 is pretty sweet, though I’m sure super fans of the Terminator franchise could rip apart that build too. Haha!

I don’t know why but Scimitar comment of...
I didn't care for how high they positioned the girth belt, but that's probably a simple adjustment to meet personal preference.
....had me cracking up something fierce. Maybe cause I kinda felt the same way. :lol:

-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back