The Birth of...MacFett!

So I've started on my ammo belt cartridge pouches. I've wet formed two of the main bodies and one of the flaps. I used a pattern found here which I altered to suit my desire to go with a leather crafting approach. Should have them all set to go by Sunday so should think. image.jpg

All pouches and flaps are pounded out and wet formed. Going to give them time to dry and harden then it's on to the first phase of weathering. That's the fun part!image.jpg

Leather dyed, re-weathered, treated, re-re-weathered, and now it will all be left over night to rest and cure. Then tomorrow evening, sewing!!
image.jpg

Ladies and Gents, I give you the completed the pouches and give you the completed MacFett ammo kilt belt with Wookie face sporran!
image.jpgimage.jpg

And because the ammo pouches are removable, one I put together my RotJ belt, I can simply transfer over the pouches and I'm good to go!

This amazing, I've been toying with a kilted Mando for some time now (I was thinking "spirit of Scotland" love the dark greens and purple) but after seeing this maybe I will go with the family MacDonald I wear the more red generic modern. The point is this looks great, and it's nice to know I won't be the only kilted Mandolorian.

Some more small steps of progress!! I've received my natural mohair girth belt which I will stain. I got my Man o War studios gloves, very nice. And today I got my birthday present finally! My Iwata airbrush kit!! Humbrol paints have been ordered! Come on helmets!!
image.jpg

So Over the weekend I received my flight jacket and flack vest as made by Carole, TDH's own Arkady and good lord!!! This simply is not a costume. It's not! A costume is made to be worn once or twice or taken out once in a while to wear. This however is an actual garment which could be worn 5 times a week and hold up easily! The craftsmanship and quality are astounding!! If I could think of some sort of industrial strength jacket design that I would wear literally every day, I would have Carole make it! Not only worth the price but her service and communication and exemplary. Carole, I don't know if you make any other costuming pieces but if you do, we need to talk more and you will have a patron for life!!
MacFett

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back