TDH Ad in the Star Wars Insider

now i got curious. this is from wookieepedia, so take it with a grain of salt.

selected excerpts:

Durge was in exceptional physical shape already at an early age, and possessed a natural aggression uncharacteristic of the Gen'Dai species. After witnessing bounty hunters in action, Durge was filled with a lust for hunting. He eventually left his tribe and ventured out into the galaxy, where he trained under various crack bounty hunters. At one point, he met a Mandalorian training master known as Jaing, who taught Durge all he needed to know in the field of Mandalorian tactics and combat skill.

and

Over the centuries, Durge acquired a deep distaste for Mandalorians, and even killed their leader at one point. As a result of both personal tragedy and torture, he became increasingly mentally unstable.

so essentially he was a mando and then snapped :)

To me, Durge is not a part of the Mando universe. I'm certainly NO expert at the expanded universe AT ALL, it's just how I feel.

However, I feel his placement in the add is justified because it's a FANTASTIC Durge costume that was put together using the great resources available on this forum.

That's the point of the add, in my eyes. To let everyone know what amazing resources are stored in the TDH vault. A vault that is run by ALL members, regardless of their costumes.

Congrats to ALL members who were chosen and to all who submitted as well!

(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh..well that nakes sence than.

however isnt durge a droid from teh animated deal a few years ago? those 30 second shorts?

I would like to point out that most of you probably won't remember when Thomas posted the WIP of his Durge way back when. We didn't have a Dented Variant forum and we really didn't encourage posting of non Boba, Jango, or Zam costumes. But we allowed Thomas to have a home in our off topic forum and allowed him to post pictures of his Durge. No, he wasn't a "Mandalorian" but frankly, neither is Zam, however, she goes along with Jango and well, in the expanded universe, since Durge hunted Mandalorians and had their symbol, we allowed him to post here. It got a tremendous response and as Thomas has shared, the help that he received and the encouragement he received helped make Durge possible. You may not like it but quite frankly, Thomas somewhat paved the way for non Jango, Boba, and Zam costuming on TDH. Not to mention, Thomas was featured on our front page for quite a long time when we had our rotating pictures, along with Boba's, Jango's, AND other Dented Variants. I think it is unfortunate that if anyone had a problem with someone's submission that nothing was said before they were submitted.

i remember his thread back in the day...03 i think it was. still dont know how hes really connected to the mandos, but i suppose its like the zam jango link.

Just my personal opinion here but...

While the site is called The Dented Helmet, I have always felt that it is a home for Bounty Hunters of all kinds. I had always assumed that Variants meant other Bounty Hunters and that costumes like Greedo, Dengar, and Bossk would have also been accepted here. Maybe I am just too liberal ;)

First of all. Congrats to those that were chosen. I'm hoping you do us all proud.

With that said, here's a question, with mando training isn't Durge even more mando than Zam? Here's an even more important one, why publicly blast the dude simply because you didn't agree with the choices? You're entitled to your opinion, but man, who cares, if they decided to put an ARC trooper or a Republic Commando, they still wouldn't be far off due to mando training and heritage. Why are some people so against variants being anything other than Jango/Boba armor with a custom paint job? If someone did the Mandalore armor from KOTOR is that now NOT DH? Seriously let it go, be happy for those that got chosen. Let's not go all elitist and snooty.

If we have to prove our "Mando-ness" then no... Zam can't any more than Dengar or Bossk or Greedo or any other "variant." Does that mean there isn't room for these costumes at TDH? I'd certainly hate to think we're no longer welcome.

My own opinion is that frankly Thomas has a kick-butt Durge costume. I think he and the other finalists will do TDH proud when that copy of SW Insider hits the presses!

If we have to prove our "Mando-ness" then no... Zam can't any more than Dengar or Bossk or Greedo or any other "variant." Does that mean there isn't room for these costumes at TDH? I'd certainly hate to think we're no longer welcome.

My own opinion is that frankly Thomas has a kick-butt Durge costume. I think he and the other finalists will do TDH proud when that copy of SW Insider hits the presses!

I'll drink to that, but several people here will attest to the fact that I will drink to just about anything... :cheers

I haven't been around much lately and think I missed the re-submit for pictures since I never actually emailed mine to anyone. D'oh! :(

That being said, congrats to all of you who were chosen, I'm sure your costumes and photos will do us all proud! :)

its not on this one. hopefully on the next one. It would be a good one to be on since the next Insider is the one thats gonna have all the Clone Wars cartoon stuff all over it and most likely will be all around Comic Con.

that would be cool.

The ad is scheduled for issue number 104 - Art put it in the first post. Couple more issues to go I am afraid. Number 102 is the one hitting the shelves now. So, it's actually 4 months away still I believe - since they only publish 6 issues a year - should be hitting right before Halloween.

We had originally talked about this issue (Pre SDCC), but it got pushed back due to some scheduling issues. That's pretty much all I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back