Swords

Your best bet is probably going to be buying a plastic sword and modifying the hilt and blade to your liking. My advice is get a plastic chrome plated kitana and use the blade off that and mod out the handle.

Heh, some of you misunderstand my point. I meant if I would be planning to duel with them, but I'm actually making a long knife at the moment - nothing to duel with.

Still, I like the idea of making a dueling sword as well. Good point Novall, vor'e!

Thank you all for the ideas, really helps to be able to choose from many minds.

Your best bet is probably going to be buying a plastic sword and modifying the hilt and blade to your liking. My advice is get a plastic chrome plated kitana and use the blade off that and mod out the handle.
That wouldn't last long against a saber like he wants.
Katana*

Well an easy way(depending on your definition of easy) to make a sword that you can spar against the MR sabers or others of the sort, is to make it out of carbon fiber or many layers of fiberglass. If you coat a solid piece of wood or styropfoam that has been shaped into your desired sword design with a non sticking agent, then layer a few layers of the carbon fiber over it. let is dry/harden, then slide it out the bottom. if you shape it in foam you can just leave the foam in and carbonfiber or fiberglass right over the whole thing. it will be light and strong enough to duel with withou breaking anyones MR Saber.

Wow, what a thread...sheesh. I don't see what the big problem is. Swords are perfectly fit to be considered 'canon', even if they don't have any screen time in the movies, so what? Flip through any random SW comic book and there's bound to be a sword somewhere. The SW universe expands beyond the six movies, FYI.
And yes, Cortosis/etc. blades can block lightsabers.

Well anywho, getting back on the subject of Mandalorian swords: I think swords are fantastic. I plan on carrying a sword with my ensemble, albeit perhaps two swords and switch them ocassionally. However, I wouldn't go so far as to try to fight a Jedi with one - any type of edged weapon will knick and dent the acrylic lightsaber blade.
I guess you could still fight someone, but just be sure to mention that before going all-out.

Well hey, why not actual steel? Besides being really hard to cut it, it's probably gonna be the strongest and most durable material you can use. Even training with it is possible...but you'd have to be really careful. It's doable.

Well, if the question is directed at me -- it's illegal to create steel swords with these new laws issued, even unsharpened.

Darned terrorists/hooligans...

Yeah mate, you do that. I'll make mine out of plastics =)

I think it's more these darned Nazi scum here than terrorist threat.... not many, but enough to make them be really careful about weaponry here. Heh, the ones who are problems that is... skinheads they call themselves.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.