Superjedi's RS Props SE for TI Wingman

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi all!
Since I'm on hold to complete helmet number 57 (waiting for the ear parts), I'm starting number 58!
This one is a very nice 2nd generation cast from RS Propmasters in the UK. The kit includes a fiberglass/gelcoat helmet shell, a pre-formed visor, machined metal ears and RF stalk, a pre-assembled RF topper, an MQ-1 circuit board casting, and a replica chin strap.
Pretty comprehensive!
The owner also sent a machined metal Borden piece from Elstree Precision. Nice!
I'll be doing this one as a Special Edition version.

20211004_153657.jpg

The first color is on! It may not look very exciting, but it forms the foundation for the rest of the work on the rear panels.
This is Archive-X acrylic Dark Grime.

20211031_085208.jpg

I got the back panels stenciled and masked, and airbrushed the dark green.
Next I'll use a fine brush to refine the shapes and add the smaller details. I'll also do some mechanical weathering on the green parts.

20211031_140707.jpg 20211031_140641.jpg
20211031_155800.jpg 20211031_155739.jpg

Looking good .
Ordered the RS Fett helmet myself, looks amazing.
Noticed some people start with a silver base first, does it matter the order you spray the helmet?
Can’t wait to see some more photos

Looking good .
Ordered the RS Fett helmet myself, looks amazing.
Noticed some people start with a silver base first, does it matter the order you spray the helmet?
Can’t wait to see some more photos
Thanks!
It depends if you do layered or topical. I use the topical method on most of the helmet, so I lay the main colors down first and then paint the damage/details with fine brushes.

Always! No rest for the weary. ;)

Finishing out the weekend with the turn signal area. While I had my pale blue gray out, I started adding a bit of the SE "muck" on the left side of the dome. It'll get a lot dirtier!

20211107_180812.jpg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back