Superjedi's FPH Progress Thread

VERY LAST UPDATE: December 23rd

Hi gang! Well, I was waiting for a bit until my aluminum stalk came in so I could finally finish up the last bit of work on my FPH, and it got here a couple of days ago. I wound up going with one of BKBT's excellent solid alum stalks. Very nice piece! (y) It's the second one I've gotten from him and it really looks terrific once installed.
Here are a couple of overall shots of the finished helmet!

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

I did a bit of work to the stalk before installation. I used some fine grit sandpaper on the wider faces to scuff them up some, then took a couple shades of rust acrylics and a microbrush and added rust stains and spots.

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

I Dremeled a depression in the outer ear cap and used JB Kwik to epoxy in a bolt big enough to form a pivot for the stalk. (No plans to do any servo work to this helmet.) The outer ear cap then holds the entire ear assembly/stalk onto the helmet.

For the RF top, I just primed it and used Floquil Engine Black. Being molded in seperate pieces, this couldn't have been easier! Nice kit engineering, FP! :)
I drilled out the pre-marked circles for the LEDs, and inserted them from the inside. Non-functional.

IMG_1070.jpg

I then glued the black Polaroid part onto the clear insert, and glued the insert to the RF body, and it was done.
To attach the RF to the stalk, I drilled a small hole through the "T" shaped top of the stalk and used a grinding bit to allow the screw head to be countersunk. A couple drops of threadlocker, and I screwed it into the RF top. Nice and secure! :D

IMG_1074.jpg

So. . . it's been a fantastic helmet to work on, and it's proudly displayed as a centerpiece to my prop collection.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! :cheers
Eric

I call dibs on whatever Boba Fett helmet that was previously the centerpiece of your collection!

Just kidding! I call dibs on this one.

Just kidding! Seriously though, can I have this one? :lol:

I stumbled onto this forum looking for a complete fett costume and read your entire thread on the process of that project. I signed up so I could tell you how amazing your work is. simply amazing.

I wish I had half your talents.

:cheers

Thanks, guys! I hadn't even looked at the thread since I put up those final pics. :eek:

Count D: um. . . OK, sure. I'll throw a stamp on the helmet and stuff it in the mailbox. Wait. . . I meant--No! I'm gonna keep this one. :lol:

Fett1972, welcome to TDH! And thanks very much! Hope you'll find lots more useful stuff on the board. :cheers

EXTREMELY VERY LAST UPDATE: January 27th

OK, sorry to add more after my last "very last update" :lol: but just had to share this.

Today I got to attend the Phoenix Cactus Con as a guest of the 501st Dune Sea Garrison. Thanks so much, guys!! Had a blast at the show, saw all kinds of wicked cool stuff, and more SW costumes than I've ever seen in one place before. Just a tremendously fun day! :)
There were a whole slew of celebrity guests, including Star Trek actors Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, and Wil Wheaton. Lou Ferrigno was there (!!!), many comic and graphic novel artists, and of course, Star Wars personalities Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch! Woo hoo! (y)
I brought my FPH up to the show to let the DSG guys check it out. . . but someone else was checking it out, too.

IMG_0043.jpg

(Forgive my poor tired eyes. I had been up since 5:00 AM.)

Not only did Jeremy check out my helmet, he also offered to add some finishing touches! (y)

IMG_0042.jpg

Guess he's a bit of an artist as well. But what did he add????? :eek:

IMG_0053.jpg

Well it's an autograph of course!!! :lol:

It was an absolute thrill to have Jeremy sign my helmet. It will remain a cherished centerpiece of my collection.

I have a ton of other pics from the Cactus Con. I'll be posting a new thread in the Pit for those. What a great day!!

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE ! Soooooooooooo .... whud he say, whud he say , whud he say ?!?!?! Anything ??? :lol:

I haven't seen this thread in a while. FANFREAKENTASTIC my friend. You did a phenom job !!!

It's awesome that you got his autograph in there. In case you didn't know, it's a form of highest respect for him to sign the INSIDE without being asked to do so. Most of the time he'll sign the outside of the dome. So take it for what it is ;)

Just awesome ! Great day indeed !

FP

Yeah, I couldn't resist dredging up this thread for this update. What a rush! :D

In case you didn't know, it's a form of highest respect for him to sign the INSIDE without being asked to do so. Most of the time he'll sign the outside of the dome. So take it for what it is ;)

Chris, really?? I didn't know that actually. That's very cool indeed! I had showed it to him a while before I asked him to sign it. There were several 501st folks who are also TDHers, and we got him to come around to the area they had set up for a Mando group shot. I wasn't in costume, but they had me grab my helmet and jump in for a pic. Afterwards, Jeremy asked, "Did you build this helmet?", and I said no it was FettPride from TDH who built it, but that I had done the paint work. He sort of patted it on the dome and said, "Beautiful." :lol:

AWESOME ERIC!!....Jeremy looks good.

I hope you told him you'll be painting his Sidearm for the JB project??;)

Alex, before the group photo, I had introduced myself as a TDH member, and he got very animated and had only great things to say about the board as a whole, and said that he was thrilled to be receiving a suit of his own. I told him that the people working on his outfit felt the same way! He asked if I was actually doing something myself, and I told him, "Well, since your suit is going to be ESB, I'm painting the sidearm." He said, "Oh, great!"

I'm so glad I brought the helmet up there with me! That's only the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever gotten to meet Jeremy, and he's truly gracious. A classy fella indeed!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back