Superjedi's FP Premium ESB for Nighthawk5296

LOL. "You got it, Joben." :lol:

UPDATE #2: May 31, 2014

Managed to do a fix on the RF stalk! Woo hoo! I (very carefully) drilled another
hole just forward of the original hole and found a small machine screw that I could
thread in. So the RF topper is now attached, and I'll work on weathering the stalk
later this afternoon.

Thanks, Spacebob. I'm glad I was able to use the stalk that came with the kit.
The grease stains are done with. . . crayons! :lol: I use a yellow and a brown,
applied lightly, then smudged a bit with my finger. Over time I've tried lots of different
methods for the stains: artists ink, acrylics, pastels (too dusty looking), and just got
a wild hair to try some crayon one day. Once it's blended and sealed with the final
clearcoat, it looks pretty good.

FINAL UPDATE: June 1, 2014

This is it! 59 days after beginning this helmet, it's finished. I got done weathering the
RF stalk last night, and also epoxied in a pair of brackets for the visor. I placed the visor
this morning, and that was the last step.

Had a lot of fun with this one! Here's a selection of final pics.

IMG_1254_zps027b095d.jpg

IMG_1255_zpsed699113.jpg

My detail brushes always get a good workout during an ESB paint up. They'll get a bit of
a rest now until I start another commission. ;)

IMG_1258_zpsbe422535.jpg

IMG_1259_zps2ded492b.jpg

Thanks to everyone who followed along (yet again) with my progress thread. Thanks
especially to Nighthawk5296 for trusting me with your bucket! (y)

Till next time.

Out-friggn'-standing Eric! The way you can achieve such a consistently high standard is something to be extremely proud of. Superb work yet again :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back