Starting my first Mando today

Hey, I'd be proud of that; I wanted to make my own custom helmet, but caved and spraypainted a one-piece Jango helmet (Which, I might add, is several years old, and barely fits). As it stands, I'm waiting on it to dry tonight, but I should probably just sleep and begin work again tomorrow. Speaking of helmets, anyone know a good helmet I could buy from somewhere? The local Wal-Mart yielded no luck, and I'm looking into a welding cap from Lowe's if possible, but still...
Ah, time to stop ranting and get some sleep.

My Greetings everyone.. sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy job searching so i can have the money to supply this hobby. :) lol

Well Ive got the job (not very pleasureale but im making 10.50 an hour) beefarming should turn out to be interesting ;)

anyways ive got paint basiclly finished, i just need another coat on the back and im still trying to figure out a cheap way to make a rangefinder.. any suggestions?

I will hold back on pictures until i have the visor and rangefinder on. Thanks for being so understanding.. I hope :p

Uh oh...understanding? If Adonian sees this...;) :p :lol:

Rangefinder stalk: scrap cardboard build, resin dip (X2), bondo coat. do the resin dip half at a time so it can dry &c. That's the cheapest way to do it. Otherwise you can get some scrap aluminum and cut it out of that, works really well, that's what I use.

Rangefinder cap: use the WOF temps, posterboard build (tape on outside), fill with bondo, let it dry and then peal posterboard off leaving just a bondo centre. :)

Glad to see you back ner vod.
:cheers
A'den

adonian nothing! Ol Kal will get after ya! lol It's understandable ner vod, I've been SLAMMED at work lately and it's about to get worse... busy time of year, good weather means lots of flying! lol

btw... I kinda need to know what you want me to do as far as design work goes. Oh yeah, it's nice to see u're still alive! lol so nice of you to finally check back in! lmao jk jk

cool, I still owe him a graphic design for his armor... real world's kickin' my shebs right now. I've been so busy I haven't even had time to pick up my sketch pad!

suc'uy gar ner vod. So u're still alive my brother. lol I'll get to work on ur design pattern ner vod, I've just been so busy. This whole flying thing takes a lot of time. lol

thanks vod.. i completely understand the whole busy thing lol

btw the star wars concert was awesome!! Once again its proven that the star wars community is super friendly and warm!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back