Starting my first Mando today

Dude, I am REALLY REALLY hoping for Chicago! It's way closer than Florida. Not to mention cooler, temperature wise.

Haha! You know the funny things is after looking at where all of you are listed as living the first place that popped into my mind as a middle-ground meeting place was Chicago! that would be really cool. I might could have my armor done by next summer...

Kal: I like the new color scheme. But as far as uniforms, the digital camo is not so much a favorite...I think it works great for dessert camo, but not as well is other colors/climates. What's your opinion?

yeah okay guys... so I guess I only have a few months to get several sets of armor together right? lol Actually lev'ika I was refering to the Direcats... but yes I'd love to troop with you guys too! I think CV would be a great opportunity for both, since Chicago is kinda centrally located for the direcats with 3 of us in Oklahoma, 2 in Ohio, 2 still in Kentucky (not sure where Shannyn's going to be stationed yet).

Ive actually started to save up (not very much yet because i only started yesterday :lol:) but im planning on being there!

Transportation is still an issue though

Haha! You know the funny things is after looking at where all of you are listed as living the first place that popped into my mind as a middle-ground meeting place was Chicago! that would be really cool. I might could have my armor done by next summer...

Kal: I like the new color scheme. But as far as uniforms, the digital camo is not so much a favorite...I think it works great for dessert camo, but not as well is other colors/climates. What's your opinion?

Sorry Saber for the slow response... missed your question the first time around. IMO... it depends on the particular digital pattern in question. The Army's ACU pattern works well enough in the desert, and it's great in urban environments. I've been told by Army soldiers that during their exercises it works well enough in the wooded areas too. The USMC Marpat digies are made for specific environments, much like our older uniforms were. Theirs are far and above superior to anything else in the specific environment that it's intended for. The USAF ABU digitized tiger stripe pattern is another animal all together. Due to some issues early on in production, we have uniforms that are either more tan, more grey or more green. I've found that they pretty much all work well in urban environments (like flightlines and airbases) and work well enough in the desert. However, in my experience only my darker (greener) sets work even marginally well in the wooded areas, and they are actually more effective in the wooded areas than the Army uniforms (from what I've been told). That being said, for the majority of combat situations we face now... our ABUs help us blend in nicely in urban and desert environments and help us blend in when operating in conjunction with the Army, they are heavier and less comfortable than the older uniforms but are tougher and more functional.

I know that's a long answer... but u asked ner vod! lmao

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back