Star Wars: The Old Republic cinematic trailer

man i wanna throw something at something...Im stuck at work and all the sites to this are blocked,,phhhtttthh gotta wait till I get home:wacko

wow awsome trailer. On swtor.com they show a bit of in game footage justa guy running through a valley in third person view but it looked pretty good.from they developers talk its gonna be a huge enviroment. I cant wait :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a huge fan of SWG before they made the talent tree changes, and well this could be good. Of course all we have right now is a CG trailer for an MMO. There has yet to be an MMO since WoW to live up to WoW. My guess is that this game will come out 1.5-3 years from now and if it is great, people will leave WoW to play this since WoW will be waning by then. Of course Blizzard is working on their next MMO as well... and they definitely know the game genre very well. So.... who knows... lol I want it to be good but I dont want to get addicted to an MMO again lol

Very cool, now I know what all the top secret stuff going around our garrison was for, they were up on stage in costume for the announcement. (y)

I am very disappointed with LucasArts. There are those of us who can't really afford a monthly bill to play a game. They promised that The Force Unleashed would be a great game, and They got my hopes up after I played it. Now They go and make a game that seems to be worthwhile, and again, I can't afford it.

Basically, They kept saying we'd be getting a great game, kept talking about how great it's going to be, etc. It did not take me very long to beat it, and it was overall disappointing to me.

I liked The Force Unleashed, what didn't you like about it?

Basically, They kept saying we'd be getting a great game, kept talking about how great it's going to be, etc. It did not take me very long to beat it, and it was overall disappointing to me.

that's the problem with a lot of games like force unleashed. That is, they have very little replay value. Force Unleashed cost $60 and had maybe 10hrs of gameplay.

MMOs on the other hand give you literally hundreds of hours of gameplay per month (if you play that much... I had a severe addiction to SW galaxies... 18hr days and very little sleep/ eating... lol). They can give you all of this gameplay for a mere $15 per month. Most cost $40 at release and come with a free month, so in my opinion you will get way more gameplay for your buck if you choose to go with an MMO. If Star Wars: The Old Republic turns out to be the next big MMO, I highly recommend that you try the monthly payment style of gaming.

That being said, MMOs are not for everybody. Still, try it out, and if you like the gameplay, then the monthly fee will above and beyond give you more bang for your buck in comparison to many of the $60 games out there. I say many, because certain games can give you hundreds of hours of play for the one time payment.

I like it!!!

But honestly how many times are the Jedi wiped out in the temple, how many times have then "defeated the Sith" and "reclaimed the republic?

At least in BSG we KNOW it has all happend before and will happen agian.

I've got direct links to concept files, look:

ca2_1600x950.jpg

ca3_1600x1537.jpg

Isn't it too MasterChiefish? LOL

ca_20081021_JediPlayer_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back