Sideshow Life-Size Fett

aside from the incorrect placement of the shoulder bell under the vest, every single picture i can see, there is a gap between the tusk and the skull of the mythosaur emblem indicating an ROTJ decal rather than ESB. without a head on shot there's no way to he certain but i see a gap in every picture of this so far. am i imaging things??View attachment 85751

Sent from my R2 unit

Oh it's definitely the ROTJ symbol. You can see it better in the pic when it's still in the box.

He posted more pics and confirmed that the helmet cannot be lowered. I was hoping this thing would be cool but I'm not seeing the value in it. At all. It's a disaster.

If any of you follow any of a number of statue collector's groups, this appears to be another of a string of disappointments from Sideshow. Really makes me sad because this project started with SO much potential, but... it is what it is. :(

If any of you follow any of a number of statue collector's groups, this appears to be another of a string of disappointments from Sideshow. Really makes me sad because this project started with SO much potential, but... it is what it is. :(

Yeah, it looked like this was going to be a really accurate ESB Fett replica and when I saw the prototype pics I was absolutely sold on getting one. As soon as I saw those production pics a few weeks back, however, I realized that this was just another example of Sideshow screwing up what could have been a wonderful statue. Their quality has dropped so much in the last couple years that I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another thing from them. I don't like to reward companies who put out inaccurate, overpriced junk and just expect people to keep buying from them on name recognition alone. Such a shame that they botched this one because it had the potential to be really cool. :(

This rings pretty close to the MR Fett bucket. why the pinch? why mass produce a helmet with such a major and obvious inaccuracy? at no point in any of the films does the visor appear to taper inward towards the lower front, yet Master Replicas puts out a "certified" version of the ESB helmet with such an inaccuracy and at a pretty substantial cost. why??? because it appeals to the masses and the masses don't just don't know any better.

Sent from my R2 unit

*Sigh*. . . have to agree with the last 2 posts. Both the MR and this new Sideshow piece started with so much potential.
The paint masters looked amazing. . . then they went into production, and something less than amazing happened.

In the RPF thread, the owner put up some new hi-res pics. There's one of the helmet and when I looked at it, my brain
cried a little bit. Misplaced damage, damage that appears "rotated" from its correct orientation, color issues. . . :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for the EFX.

At least their smaller statues look good. I'm anxious to see the premium forget doctor doom, especially since I bought one. I would love the LSF doom, but it's out of my price range and given how terrible this fett project turned out, I'm kind of glad I can't get the larger doom.

At least their smaller statues look good. I'm anxious to see the premium forget doctor doom, especially since I bought one. I would love the LSF doom, but it's out of my price range and given how terrible this fett project turned out, I'm kind of glad I can't get the larger doom.

Sadly, even their smaller statues have taken a pretty big hit in quality. Take a look at the debacle that was the 1:2 scale Iron Man Mark VII and you'll see another perfect example of how SS is putting out overpriced crap with no concern whatsoever about screen accuracy, good materials or quality workmanship.

I have the fett and vader Mythos statues and they look great. I'm hoping the doom is the same, but given some of their new stuff, I won't be surprised if it looks like crap.

Some more pics were posted in that thread on the RPF, including a comparison shot with the MR bucket. To those of you that have owned them, what was the size like, because the Sideshow helmet looks much smaller.

I noticed a lot of other really irritating things about it but I won't get into it. Some people seem happy with it.

SS has stopped selling these after only a few examples reached customers. Wonder if they're killing the piece off for good or listening to all the complaints about accuracy and going back to make it more like the prototype. My guess is they'll just cut their losses and be done with it as they don't want to take the time to make it right.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back