Secure shin tools

TK50175

Active Hunter
Has someone secured his shin tool so they can't get lost while trooping? Any ideas? Thought of maybe drill a hole in the bottom of each tool and sew it to the jumpsuit using a bungie cord or something like that...

Another question: I always thought the shin tools (except the mining tool) would be with a silver base colour...but the seem to be grey?! Can someone tell me what Humbrol grey I should use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on the color but I have Velcro on my suit and 2 of the shin tools ( the one with the2 metal rods and the squeegee ). Haven't lost any yet.

Has someone secured his shin tool so they can't get lost while trooping? Any ideas? Thought of maybe drill a hole in the bottom of each tool and sew it to the jumpsuit using a bungie cord or something like that...

Another question: I always thought the shin tools (except the mining tool) would be with a silver base colour...but the seem to be grey?! Can someone tell me what Humbrol grey I should use?

While I've not yet trooped in my ROTJ Boba Fett, I think the shin tools fit pretty snugly in the pockets -- I'd never given thought to them coming out without (someone's grabby-fingered) assistance. If you're worried about that, the velcro idea sounds sufficient to me.

As far as I know the base color is silver. It may be in some shots you've seen that it looks grey due to the lighting, or as the base plastic is grey (for the Sonic Beam Weapon and Anti-Security Tool), they may be chipped through to that, but I don't think that would be the intent.

While I've not yet trooped in my ROTJ Boba Fett, I think the shin tools fit pretty snugly in the pockets -- I'd never given thought to them coming out without (someone's grabby-fingered) assistance. If you're worried about that, the velcro idea sounds sufficient to me.

As far as I know the base color is silver. It may be in some shots you've seen that it looks grey due to the lighting, or as the base plastic is grey (for the Sonic Beam Weapon and Anti-Security Tool), they may be chipped through to that, but I don't think that would be the intent.

The little kids are so close to those tools that I would wonder if never someone will grab one...there are nice ones but nasty ones too... :)

Lol. For now I use sticky back industrial Velcro and have it just above the pocket edge. Works great! Keeps them from flopping around as well

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back