Ruffkintoy Gauntlet build up

Looks great so far. (y) Keep up the good work.

Before you get too far painting, you may want cut an arc into the inside front edge of the left gauntlet, where it would rest against your wrist. It will be more confortable when wearing the gauntlet if the front edge has a radious rather than just a straight edge.

I don't have photo editing here at work, so I hope you get my meaning. :p

Gator

To Gator you listen. I've still got a little nerve damage in my hands from my gauntlets digging in my wrist. I left a nice sized lip on mine (very similar to yours) and I've since then almost trimmed it down to nothing do to the rubbing on my wrists.

And heres another update!

This is the first couple of shots of the initial chroming of the gauntlets. I have used the same Humbrol silver that I used on my BM lid. I made need to re-do the resin pieces on the right gauntlet though, as it appears the paints goes a bit warped on the resin, even through the primer.

18-11-05_1436.jpg

18-11-05_1437.jpg

Sorry for delay guys....heres some updates....

PIC 1 and 2 show some more chroming

PIC 3 show the first coat of red on the left gauntlet, I ran out of gas in the cannister so have had to take a breather!

30-11-05_1824.jpg

30-11-05_1825.jpg

03-12-05_1620.jpg

It looks nice sp far. Where did you get the hose pieces for the gauntlets (I just purchased a pair of ruffkin toys also). the kit didn't come with a lot of the parts I need. Can you tell me where you got all the parts that didn't come with the Ruffkin kit? Thanks.

The Hose connector were from BKBT and the switches from any good electrical store. The Left LED was from Halo_1, PM him and i'm sure he can help.

Heres some more progress pics.... The left gauntlet has been painted and the mask removed, I need to do one more coat on the right gauntlet then I can remove the mask

10-12-05_1827.jpg

10-12-05_1828.jpg

10-12-05_1829.jpg

Heres a new years update for you all!

Managed to get quite a lot done over xmas. I have now completed the right gauntler all except for some light weathering and misting.

I have attached the switches and darts, and added velcro and padding.

Here are the finished pics.......

Apologies for blurry pics!

Keep watching this space! The left gauntlet is almost finished, I just need to add some coaxial connectors I got from Maplin for the flame nozzles and finish painting the missile and attach it to the gauntlet.

07-01-06_1337.jpg

07-01-06_1338.jpg

07-01-06_1339.jpg

slave1pilot said:
Those do look very nice.
can you post a paint breakdown?

Sure no problem...a lot of kudos must go to Fettster for his help on the paints as he gave me a lot of suggestions

As a base silver I used Humbrol Chrome, this stuff really is shiny and I noticed that by applying some masking tape to it some of the shine is removed and makes it look a lot duller which makes for great effect.

The red is a mixture of tamiya flat red and games workshop scab red, its mixed 50/50. Make sure you apply the correct amount of thinner if you plan to spray this as the games workshop paints are quite thick. The only thing to be careful of if you plan to mask over the games workshop paints is lifting. Masking tape, even the low stick stuff can lift the paint, so i would suggest using copydex or masking fluid

Hope this helps

Dan

Your gauntlets look great, thanks for posting this. I'm waiting on a set of Ruffkintoys myself, and this will no doubt come in handy while I'm getting them together.

SUPER job. i have the same gauntlets (ESB) version that i havent started yet. can you post a pic of the inside with the padding? also what did you use for the padding on the inside? and did you trim the gauntlets to fit closer to your arms or just padded to fill the space?

thanks allot!
SlaveR5

SlaveR5 said:
SUPER job. i have the same gauntlets (ESB) version that i havent started yet. can you post a pic of the inside with the padding? also what did you use for the padding on the inside? and did you trim the gauntlets to fit closer to your arms or just padded to fill the space?

thanks allot!
SlaveR5

Thanks for the feedback!

I will get some pics of the padding uploaded shortly.

For the padding I used standard foam. The kind that you get with packaging for computer components or from a foam supplier.

I trimed the gauntlets so they fit to my arms but not a perfect fit other wise they seemed to lose their shape. I did add extra padding to fill the space and to prevent them slipping.

Hope this helps

Dan

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back