RMQ Concept Helmet V1

Looks great, I lost one of mine someplace in one of my eleventy billion hobby boxes and was going to have to pimp SGB for another. This looks like a great alternative to that plan.

Those look great, Levi! :) Any thoughts on how to attach them to the helmet?

The back ends of the original resin pieces are sculpted to fit into the irregular shape of the "mouth." Since these are cylinders with flat bottoms,
I'm thinking you'd have to drill out 3 areas within the helmet mouth and just push them in so that the back ends extend inside the helmet a bit.

Those look great, Levi! :) Any thoughts on how to attach them to the helmet?

The back ends of the original resin pieces are sculpted to fit into the irregular shape of the "mouth." Since these are cylinders with flat bottoms,
I'm thinking you'd have to drill out 3 areas within the helmet mouth and just push them in so that the back ends extend inside the helmet a bit.

You could do that...or sand them to be flush with the helmet.... several options

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I forgot to mention that I added the model to my 3D Models thread (quick jump here ==> RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects):
RMQ Concept Helmet Respirators.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking of attaching a threaded rod or 2 depending on space to the back side and then the holes through the helmet and nuts on the interior or simply getting them place and seeing how well some super glue works lol

Forgot to ask before if the parts on Shapeways are made hollow or solid.
If they're solid, could they be hollow to save on material/cost?
I know very little about 3D printing so I'm just curious.

Forgot to ask before if the parts on Shapeways are made hollow or solid.
If they're solid, could they be hollow to save on material/cost?
I know very little about 3D printing so I'm just curious.

I think SJ is right I think they need to be hollow....like the beacon

I think they are hollow if you look at the rendering. Anyhow I just started the print on my little baby M3D printer. It's telling me 40 hours at medium quality/medium density. It's going to take that long because all 3 cylinders are on the same print so I think the extra travel time adds up. I will share once they are in hand....39 hours and 58 min from meow.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back