RichardJones's ROTJ Animefan Paint/Build

RichardJones

Active Hunter
Hello all,
I recently received a very beautiful Animefan FP premium fiberglass helmet, which arrive quickly and safely. This was originally supposed to be an ESB paint/build, but I have another ESB specific helmet on order, so this will be an ROTJ build/paint.

I have been gathering parts for the interior and exterior of this helmet, with the main goal of having a movie accurate ROTJ (or as close as possible :) )
So one of the first things that i wanted to do was to change out the MR Dent with a custom dent made by a member here. I used a hole-saw and cut out the dent and epoxied the new dent in place.
20160612_102752.jpg20160612_105752.jpgThe new dent is on the Left and the MR dent is on the Right

Using my favorite filler, i was eventually able to achieve a smooth transition between the new dent and the helmet.
20160613_091949.jpg20160612_113220.jpg20160614_220121.jpg

The next thing I did was add in the ROTJ specific damage. I used Rafalfett's templates and images of the FPH2 to mark off all the damage using transfer paper.
20160616_172548.jpgIMG_0637.JPGIMG_0633.JPG

I used my trusty Dremel to cut in all the damage.

Some overall shots...
IMG_0657.jpgIMG_0658.jpgIMG_0655.JPGIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have gathered most of the interior items. I am still missing the metal clip, which I will custom make.
Here is what I have gathered so far...
IMG_0627.jpg
I took all the items and just duct taped them into the interior of the helmet, just to get a feel for what everything will look like..
IMG_0631.jpg

The next step will be to prime everything and start the first round of paint....

That reworked dent in this helmet is an absolute winner and makes the already great MR derivative even better. Great stuff.
Thank you, I agree, the replacement went alot smoother than I thought it would. ToEleven did an excellent job on the dent and I appreciate his hard work.

How well does the mojofett aluminum stalk fit on the helmet? I just got my helmet in the mail and I was considering upgrading the stalk but I wasn't sure if it would fit well.
It is literally the exact same size and shape. They are 100% identical except for material and screw hole locations (to attach RF)

Thanks I appreciate it. I wanted to get an aluminum stalk I just didn't want to buy one and have it not work out. Now I need to watch mojo's sale page lol.

Thanks I appreciate it. I wanted to get an aluminum stalk I just didn't want to buy one and have it not work out. Now I need to watch mojo's sale page lol.
Here are the two stalks next to each other... Mojo's is Aluminum and Animefan's is resin with a brass tube..
20160627_192253.jpg20160627_192316.jpg20160627_192332.jpg20160627_192403-1.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back