RF Ear Alignment

I'm assuming that the right ear isn't supposed to line up like mine is below, I'm under the impression that the top piece is supposed to sit in line with the bottom piece. Am I correct or wrong? Thanks!

20170314_193013.jpg

20170314_193058.jpg

20170314_193145.jpg

Yes, your right, it should be in alignment (mostly) with the lower part. I had this same issue on my helmet, although it was a center line problem rather than that and the tilt you have visible in your last shot. Some of the center line variation IS present in the production helmets (I know you're doing ESB, but you can see the variation in this shot from ROTJ: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=11347). You should be able to adjust the tilt by sanding the mid-piece. I just widened the mounting holes to adjust around the center line problem. Good luck!

That tilt is correct. If you look at some of the reference pics from the AoSW exhibits you can see that the upper section isn't
on the same plane as the lower piece. They're centered on each other vertically, otherwise the silver portions wouldn't "mesh"
together correctly. But there is definitely a visible tilt.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back