Rengald's Duct Tape Boba Fett

Regald

New Hunter
Hey all, I've been working on what I call a "Poor Man's Boba Fett" for a while now and I thought I'd share. To preface the project, I don't have a workshop. I have a tiny apartment that I share with my fiance so I don't exactly have the space (or tools) that a real costume would require. So... I started a little project in the one medium that I can easily work with at home: Duct Tape!

This isn't my first foray into the duct tape costuming world... and I've wanted to make a Boba Costume for a very long time. After himming and hawwing about how I'd couldn't make a legitimate suit I finally decided on making my own artist's interpretation of my favorite bounty hunter in the only way I know how.

It's still very much a Work in Progress. I'm trying not to burn myself out on it so I'm not forcing myself to work on it. Right now, All I have left is a lot of time consuming detail work.
The Helmet is a Firefek Pepakura build but he rest was all eye balled from pictures. On that note that I am NOT attempting to make a screen accurate Boba Fett Costume... The fact that it is made of duct tape should make that readily apparent.
Screenshot_2015-07-03-18-56-05.png0703151742.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-03-18-56-25.png0629151914.jpg0629151738e.jpg0626152337a.jpg

and here's just a little behind the scenes
0512151740.jpg0512151740a.jpg0512151751.jpg0512151754.jpg0512151759.jpg0512151804.jpg0512152018.jpg0514152307.jpg0514152347.jpg0521151813c.jpg

Well thanks for stopping by and looking. If there's interest, I'll try to update as I go. Right now it's just little details but if I can ever get decent pictures of the semi finished project, I can put them up.

-Rengald

While your attempt was not to make the costume screen accurate...please remember that Boba Fett wore gloves and not flesh colored hands. That's a pretty easy fix for you. You could easily add some duck tape detail like knee darts for the knees and a rocket to the wrist. Neat idea.

I'm actually considering changing all of the white to tan as the tan looks nicer than the shiny white duct tape. Though it would mean adding another layer to the chest and redoing the neck... all things to think about.

Regald -- for something constructed from duct tape, I think this looks awesome! I am hoping to be as proud of my more traditional build as you should be of yours.

Always nice to see people doing things outside of the box. Add one more thing on the list of stuff duct tape is good for.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back