Rangefinder Interest: now with correct Perspex Lens Block...

This RF top is designed around the original helmet, so electronics in the helmet and wires running up the hollow stalk to the LEDs in the RF top. Fitting the electronics, LEDs and batteries in the RF top was always a bit of a squeeze!

I was hoping the bottom piece was going to be like the V.2 that FP has on his so the electronics would fit better. I have one of Hyperdynes electronic kits.

I was hoping the bottom piece was going to be like the V.2 that FP has on his so the electronics would fit better. I have one of Hyperdynes electronic kits.
I'm working on a few prototypes, this may include one for internal electronics, also the lens section can be easily modified if extra room is required...

Here's Prototype 2. This is based on a detail i noticed on one of the helmets. It makes sense as the bolts are much easier to screw in before the RF top is put on. The lens block is Super Glued to the aluminium section, holes are drilled through this aluminium section to allow the green wires to be inserted. The RF top section press fits into place securely. The alloy stalk pictured is 1.5 mm too long where it meets the RF top underside, Mojo-Fetts stalks are more accurate for a better fit...:D

DSCF0013_34.JPG

DSCF0014_34.JPG

DSCF0015_28.JPG

DSCF0023_15.JPG

DSCF0024_10.JPG

DSCF0025_13.JPG

Evening all, small update with the RF tops. I've made the moulds for the top section and will cast this part from a tough polyuethane resin. It will be available in off white or black. I'm still working on the Perspex block to perfect the production, just waiting for the milling machine to arrive...This means I will have a small selection of prototype tops available in the cargo hold shortly for a reasonable price. I'll post pics for each piece later. The top section can be pre-drilled to fit Gavin's (Mojo Fett) excellent stalk/ear sets if you are looking for an upgrade.
Cheers, TF.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back