Raizo's ESB GMH paint up

Looking good man! I'll be following this thread! Hey I'm curious and I may have missed it...but what masking fluid are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
That must be nice! Lol. I couldn't find any around me so it's been trial and error on different brands. I've heard the Humbrol maskol is very good though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to post a thread today on my Helmet Build and Paint up.

Really liking my custom color mixes so far. Lighting here was terrible today due to lots of rain, so excuse the flashed out pic, hopefully tomorrow I can get a shot of the helmet in natural light, which will show all of the colors a lot better. I can't wait to throw the concrete and green on top.

20151221_215144.jpg

The panels are looking great! Love the rear panels on the ESB lid...
All layered I assume? The chipping looks damn good.

The panels are looking great! Love the rear panels on the ESB lid...
mall layered I assume? The chipping looks damn good.
Yeah, went layered again, I'm going to go back through and add some fine details topically however. Thanks! I've gotten much better and aligning the damage and masking it off as well. Pretty proud of myself haha.

Looking quite good!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Managed to get outdoor pics this morning, the green ended up drying a TOUCH darker and greener than I'd like, think I might go over it with some sea blue misting to tone it down a bit, and give it a bluer hue but I'm unsure yet, gonna wait and see how it looks with the dull red around the keyslots and trim.

20151225_095339.jpg

20151225_095343.jpg

20151225_095350.jpg

20151225_095402.jpg

20151225_095410.jpg

I'd agree on blueing it up just a bit. Good call. Your damage areas and sizing really look flipping great. Think you are gonna rock this out man.

Man, looking good! (y)

. . . gonna wait and see how it looks with the dull red around the keyslots and trim.

Yes. I'd wait until you get the rest of the major colors applied. It's surprising how the tone of a color can shift when it's
placed next to different colors.

Your detailing looks amazing!
Thanks! I'm trying to keep up with these awesome people like yourself coming out of the woodwork! Lol.

Man, looking good! (y)

Yes. I'd wait until you get the rest of the major colors applied. It's surprising how the tone of a color can shift when it's
placed next to different colors.
Woo! superjedi thumb of approval :D
Yeah, I picked that up as I was looking through a few of your threads, namely the one where I commented on your RLM 73 looking brown tinged.

Nice green there man! What formula did you use?

I used Tamiya XF-71, XF-18 and a little bit of XF-25. I've been playing with the mixes right on my table, along with the maroon and dull red for the mandibles, I can't wait to throw them all together on the helmet!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back