Question about selling unopened Force FX lightsaber

Bounty1138

Active Hunter
I'm looking to sell off some SW stuff and thought about selling my Darth Maul Master Replicas, double bladed force fx lightsaber since it takes up so much room.
It's still unopened in the original box.
My question is this: Is it better to keep the box unopened for the sale or to open it ensure it works for maximum value?
I can see advantages to both so I thought I'd ask some of the collectors here.
Thanks

well for someone like me I'm gonna want to take it out and hang it up for display. So me I want to know if it works before hand.
now a serious collector wont want the seal broke. So the only advise I can offer on the subject is ask whom ever is interested in it if they want you to open it and check before hand.
How much you thinking about selling for ?

Thanks.
That's another good question. It's long since discontinued, so prices on Amazon, Ebay and random internet toy/collectible stories are all over the map.
Also shipping seems like it would be expensive since it's so large (plus the possibility of damage in shipping) so I was trying to decide if craiglist or something else local might be a better option.

yea it will be like new and work when you mail it out. But after the mail service gets it to its destination it maybe like putting a 500 peace puzzle together. I have seen how ups sorts boxes at my local place.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back