Primers and then paint to EVA & Plastics

Swwolf36

New Hunter
Hi all. Questions about paint if I may from the UK.
EVA FOAM
1-Can you use an Enamel Spray primer then use a Matt, or gloss Spray paint as its main base covering?
2- if you can, can this then be aged using Acrylic paints then Sealed using Plasti dip?
3-Do you apply Plasti dip after each coat of Primer, and Main base colour? E.g. x3 primer x 3 plasti dip. X3 base coat x 3 Plasti dip? Or do all 3 primer x1 Plasti dip. All 3 base coats x 1 Plasti dip?
PLASTICS, such as Rubis EE3 Blaster, Plastic Drain pipes, overflow pipes-
Same Question really
I'm asking as I have some Enamel Primer, but not sure what paints you can apply on it, and the sealant to use, such as Plasti dip Spray. I know Clear Laquer is bad with Enamael, but wasnt sure once it was covered with matt/Gloss spray.. or am I wrong. Advice please. I hope that makes sense by the way lol
Many thanks as always, Adie UK.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use enamel primer. Let it dry/cue completely. The paint brand and thickness you use will vary. I use enamel spray paints and then use arcylic paints for base or weathering with no issues. I also use enamel clear coats. Again no issues. But regarding Plasti dip. I have no clue since I do not do that.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back