Prequel Reboot

clmayfield

Active Hunter
Apparently, this idea has been floating around for a while, but I just saw a new article on Yahoo about it and never pondered it until today:
https://www.inverse.com/article/10891-reboot-the-star-wars-prequels-already

I actually think it is a pretty good idea. The storyline to the prequels was great. The execution of the story was horrible. And I am not just talking about the addition of Jar Jar Binks. The acting was mostly poor, which was really critical, because Hayden Christiansen turning to the Dark Side was not very believable to me. It relied too much on CGI, and I can't blame the actors for doing such a poor job when the dialogue was so cheesy.

All of these things could be easily fixed while maintaining the existing storyline. The only disadvantage to this is that it is spending time rebuilding a storyline where everyone already knows what is going to happen... but you could say the same thing about Rogue One.I think this could be interesting.

I think the problem is that there wasn't enough story for three films the way they made it. The story, so far as it goes, all happens in the third film and the rest is just fluff.

Trade embargos? Motions of no confidence in the senate? That's just the first film, the second is dire. If it wasn't a star wars film no one would have watched them and they would have tanked (a bit like Battlefront).

I now it's not canon,but if they were to include the Darth plageus story into the prequels, it would make a lot of what happened in TPM make a lot more sense.

Adding Plageius in would be great. But rebooting would be in bad taste at this point. We should all be able to appreciate to some degree. Obviously they don't have to be in our top 3 or even 5 now that we have 8 movies out so far, but something like those anti-cheese edits floating around really helps cut out the crap and fluff . and the thing about the cgi is a shame, but just like they pioneered effects in the 70s/80s they pioneered the use of cgi too. Looking back at it, they had some outstanding effects especially in AOTC and ROTS. And there were miniature sets created for some filming sequences and a bunch for visual reference with the cgi. Real suits wouldve been incredible, but understandably making a million clone trooper suits for the relatively limited screen time wouldn't have been cost-effective. A few for close ups? Yes. Should have been a must. But like rnbuda said , there's a level of appreciation for them and with new fronts to push foward in the new trilogy and standalone films and any possible Netflix ventures, what's the point of dwelling negatively on the past?

Just my two cents on it :)

(ps- were they to reboot, yes I'd watch them haha)

Sent from my LG-H900

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back