Preproduction 3 Helmet Photos now available!

This is a silly question.

But it appears in: DSCN4339 that it shows the connection of the ear cap. And it looks like its not the standard piece configuration. It actually looks similar to the way they did the MR helmet ear piece.

Can someone explain what im seeing thats wrong?

Thanks
SR

Actually after looking at the photos, its clear that the ear caps do not connect using whats readily accepted in most of the helmet kits now.

I would copy and quote the photos, but im sure they are in that section for a reason.

Actually after looking at the photos, its clear that the ear caps do not connect using whats readily accepted in most of the helmet kits now.

I would copy and quote the photos, but im sure they are in that section for a reason.

i'm not seeing what you mean about the ear cap being different. my ms3 was made that way... the RF side cap is 3 parts. the lower piece, and then the 2 part upper, with the outer cap having a slight undercut.

i'm not seeing what you mean about the ear cap being different. my ms3 was made that way... the RF side cap is 3 parts. the lower piece, and then the 2 part upper, with the outer cap having a slight undercut.

Yea I'm curious as to what you referring to.

If looked it over, and I think its my mistake. I couldnt see the seperation lines. Im still not sure how it all goes together, or if its made from multiple pieces of aluminum, but I had missed the straight on view that shows where the cover plate comes off.

Im looking at that picture on the rangefinder. Are you sure its a movie? And not a photo from Iran contra or soviets invading afganistan.

I am wondering where/who i can get a helmet, i tried making one at first it did not work as well as planned. could you help or point me toward anyone that can? Thank you very much. p.s i am working on jaster's armor. so far so good.

I really like the pic of the symbol on the front of range finder ear. Looks like it was made from a vinyl lettering kit using D, V, and : Very cool pics thank you

Looks to me like a lot of the mark detail was done that way, it's either lettering from a model kit, you know, the stuff you have to soak in warm water and slide on or Letraset.

It still exists nowadays but it was a big thing when I was a kid (that's late 70s early 80s, yes, I'm a relic :lol:) all you had to do was rub your pencil over the sheet and the letters would come off, the crack was though that if you didn't rub correctly they would only stick to whatever you were rubbing it on and the rest would stay on the tracing paper, leaving letters similar to the ones on the helmet.

The other thing was they could scratch off easily too.

The final thing was that the sheets had the specific letters in a row, so I could see it was entirely possible that the bottom half of the right ear could have a set of letraset I's rubbed onto it, as they were already neatly spaced. Then they could have been scratched off with a needle.

Check out www.letraset.com, however I cannot tell the font used, possibly arial, but it's definitely sans serif.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back