Post your San Diego Comic Con Pics/experiences

46and2

Jr Hunter
So for the third year in a row I struck out scoring tickets to Comic Con. :facepalm

As usual, I still went and people-watched outside in downtown San Diego but for the first time, I had Fett complete enough to wear! Over two years in the making and still not quite done. I didn't have time to attach the third right gauntlet hose, knee darts, or the rangefinder lights/servo. Hopefully only you TDH-ers would notice these deficiencies anyways.

Next year I'll hopefully get tickets and make it inside...I just couldn't bring myself to buy $350-$400 scalped tickets this year. Per person. Per day.

Had a great time though! As far as popularly liked details on the costume, I noticed quite a few people point out the flashing life support in the chest plate (Fettronics) so if you're hesitant on installing one...reconsider? My wife said I apparently couldn't hear most of the other "wows." Boba was a huge fan favorite. Glad to see parents raising their kiddos right.

image12.JPGimage6.JPG

image2.JPGimage8.JPGimage3.JPG
Half the time I was chasing Han around. He doesn't tend to listen to daddy very well anyways but when he realized I could no longer bend at the waist, run, or pick him up...the game was on!

image5.JPGimage1.JPG

Looks great! I'm not sure what it is about the chest lights but that seems to be the thing most people focus on about my suit as well. NYCC is the same way for tickets and I only went once.... I would be content going again and just hanging out in the parking lot though

Nice suit, that's the downside to these cons it's all the waiting and not getting into whatever your in line for. Picture # 5 is awesome!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back