Polaroid brown vs black

Haloax44

New Hunter
Hello, I managed to get a hold of a black SX-70 sonar one step, however I noticed many others have been using the brown version of this camera for the rangefinder. Is there any different between the lens? I know the cameras themselves are not identical, they have slight differences aside from color. Is the brown more accurate or the one used on set or vice versa? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok . So I own about 5 of these bad boys that i currently use regularly. If you are strictly talking about the viewfinder then NO there is now difference.the sonar is a auto focus. The OG is the best one in my eyes with regards to photography. The view finder changed in the later years with the model 3. Which imo is a piece of crap due to it not being a SLR. Anywho, these are exceptional cameras with great portrait abilities. I use this mostly for documenting my daughter grow up. I can go on and on but you get the idea.
Here are a few shots I have handy.
7E52FD43-DB4B-4E1D-872F-844ADBDE3348.jpeg
7034E280-F71E-4315-8FC1-FC3640C151FC.jpeg
15FF99E0-F18A-4876-BEB3-5315DF0DB65D.jpeg
417D0BA8-F28C-4F5A-94B4-7CB11164AA81.jpeg
FA5C628D-50B2-4E38-BB85-B85920BD4E35.jpeg

The color doesn't matter, but there are two different styles of viewfinder. If you're buying an SX-70 make sure you're getting one with the correct type.

20201012_135423.jpg

Obviously the one with the larger clear lens is the one that you want. (y)

The color doesn't matter, but there are two different styles of viewfinder. If you're buying an SX-70 make sure you're getting one with the correct type.

View attachment 199591

Obviously the one with the larger clear lens is the one that you want. (y)
Thanks everyone for the replies! I managed to snag a black one for a pretty good price. Also found myself an MQ-1. Now I'm just waiting for your books to open up to paint me an ESB-MC

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back