Official Scope Thread

I have been searching and searching for one of these...could anyone who still looks and actually find one, please let me know (Braks, Kurt, anyone) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

What ya think about this one ?

I know, the brackets are not right, but otherwise it could work too for a ROTJ rifle, like a modern version.

AirsoftAirGun4x20scope1.png

Looks great! Nice find. Who is the manufacturer and how much are they costing?

In my post above there is a link to my scope drawings the one I did for Fett has some detailed drawings for the scope rings/mounts that might be useful if you want to make your own.

Alan

Gday fellas,

look what this lil black duck found!!!:lol:

With the following adjustments Refer pic:

A: cut back .5 inch to match ASI scope end.
B: cut at points to seperate rail holders/brackets and position in proper places.

Unfortunantly at C the scope switches and mount are around the wrong way but ill settle on that!!!

For those the model and make is a Zodiac 4x20 and it is made in Japan picked it up at a local gun shop here in Oz.

cimg3061640x4803jh.jpg

Cheers,

Al

eBayISAPI.dll

I recently bought an ASI 4x20 on e-bay(for £20 !!) ,its clearly marked as such but compared to wizard of lights plans it differs very slightly ,Does anyone know of variants of this scope ,it also has the same brackets as boba als in the pic above.
If anyone can let me know how ,i will post a pic ,sorry new here !! Aha think i got it !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Congrats on the score! As for the drawings one thing to consider is that the drawings were done strickly by reverse engineering from photos and a few dimensions that folks sent me. I have never actually held a real scope in my hands. So I am not surprised that the drawings are a bit off. If you tell me what's off I will more than happy to update the drawings.

Alan

Hi Alan (y) , I also have a resin cast from an ASI that i got from sidewinder, your measurements are pretty close to this ,accounting for the normal reduction in casting, so i was wondering if there were two types of ASI 4x20. In particular mine is slightly longer die to the rear lens housing and the plastic covers that go over the addjustment screws are slightly different to as are the scope rings ,which i was hoping to modify to look like the actual ones . Does anyone else have one like this ?

On another note ,big respect to you for all your plans ,its an amazing and extremely helpful contribution you make for all us guys (y) if you ever need any measurements I would be very happy to help I Have -real sterling L2A3 ,visible V8 engine kit ,hengstler ,M38 scope etc etc !

keep up the good work:)

From my research I have found a number of variation in the scopes that are available. Weather they are all ASI scope is debatable as a number of manufactures sold similar scopes with minor changes, I suppose that it is even possible that they were all made by the same manufacturer and just distributed under a variety of brand names. Items like mounts and adjustment screw covers are the easiest to change and swap out or simple get lost and replaced.

The one referenced in your post above is a variation which is very close and can be made to look nearly identical to the screen use version, good find.

Personally I am going for the Fett look. I can't afford to purchase ever identical real piece of hardware so I'm stuck with scratch building. I bought a crossman scope that has the correct scope mounts but only has one end bell. I'll have to cast up a replacement.

Thanks for the compliment on the drawings. They have been a ball to create and I have met a lot of great folks in the process.

Alan

P.S. I might have to take you up on the reference dimensions.

Hi Alan (y) , I also have a resin cast from an ASI that i got from sidewinder, your measurements are pretty close to this ,accounting for the normal reduction in casting, so i was wondering if there were two types of ASI 4x20. In particular mine is slightly longer die to the rear lens housing and the plastic covers that go over the addjustment screws are slightly different to as are the scope rings ,which i was hoping to modify to look like the actual ones . Does anyone else have one like this ?

On another note ,big respect to you for all your plans ,its an amazing and extremely helpful contribution you make for all us guys (y) if you ever need any measurements I would be very happy to help I Have -real sterling L2A3 ,visible V8 engine kit ,hengstler ,M38 scope etc etc !

keep up the good work:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks for the info , i was planning to modify the screw covers & mounts so I will be scouring your plans forthwith .

I bought some digital verniers recently so it would be a pleasure to help & I do a bit of casting myself ,so if i can help with any parts dont hesitate to drop me a line , you deserve some freebie's :eek:)

for a quicker response try steverogers@blueyonder.co.uk

steve

I don't know if i fought anyone here over this scope i found on ebay.. so if i did. well. thanks for the good fight.

Anyway.. Eventhough it is not an ASI scope i think that this is a darn good runner up for the "most accurate" award.

it is a 4x20 scope from Sussex Armoury and the more i look and compare the pics to the scope i have the luckyier i feel. Anyway.. here are the pics. I have Sidewinders resin scope from his kit to compare.

Scope001.jpg

Scope012.jpg

The total length of the scope i 11 inches. It would be intresting to compare it to the actual prop.

Scope009.jpg

Scope002.jpg

Scope003.jpg

Scope004.jpg

Attachments

• Scope012.jpg
    Scope012.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 100
There were more than a few manufacturers back when these scopes were made and they look identical. I belive, if memory serves correct, that the ASI 4x20 is the more readily available and sure bet of getting the "correct" scope. The other renditions of it are just as accurate.

About the only difference I see on your score is the tips of the scope knobs are a bit more tapered.....

Nice score(y)

Good find. Re length, don't forget that the eyepiece bell screws in/out for focusing and can drastically alter the overall length.

SAS

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back