Official Rangefinder Post/Stalk Thread

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Look around hardware stores. Often they will have stuff to make one for under $5. I've seen one made from a square barbecue spit and scrap metal that cost $3.

Last edited by a moderator:
the stalk you can pick up at hardware store for two or three bucks, just a flat metal piece, the rangefinder can be shaped out of a block of wood.

I hate saying things like "I WILL HAVE" but I will have metal stalks and rangefinders soon. They will be cast aluminum. I'm using a Deluxe casting and will modify the top to have the mock leds like those seen on Jango's helmet. But if it's the stalk only you're after then by golly, go to the hardware store and find a nice straight piece of aluminum and replace the cruddy plastic stuff. A bit of glue, bondo, JBweld... whatever should do the trick :)

I got one of Hyperdyne's rangefinder kits a while back, and it's the most fun i've had with my lid! But, I have a problem... I've got a metal stalk and have found no way (so far) of getting the nylon 'gear' that locks in to the servo to stick to the bloody stalk! I figure what I have to do is somehow reces a square hole about 1mm deep in to the stalk, then cut the gear to size, but.... how the hell do i do it?!?! Any one done anything like this before, or know what sort of place can?

i was doing a search on bh9047 which is my 501st TK-ID and i found this page.

http://www.joul.co.kr/viewproduct_2_j.html

it is in korean but the item pictured looks similar to the rangefinder. does anyone know what the hell that thing is?

or does anyone know anyone that can translate the page to english?

edit:
ok its a bolt heater. could i be onto something here?

Awesome! Could you maybe provide sources for the hardware you used or have you done that already?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back