New V2 Jango fett boots sign up thread.

Received a second letter yesterday from the Department of Justice basically stating Vicente Paul Mejia didn't reply to their inquiry about the incident and they're done for now. They stated they could pursue further action if more information was brought to their attention. I'm not sure how many people filed with their state attorneys. Looks like I'll also be going the small claims route now. Anyone know how to hire someone to serve him in the San Diego area?

I hope you guys get this resolved. I've been looking at this thread from time to time, and it's just a real shame that some people in the world have to be this way. Hope the judge throws the book at him!

Hey Craig,
Can you shoot me a PM or an email. I would also like to attend his
Court appearance and see his reasoning. I hope he's reading this or his friend whoever you are passing down the info's to him.

Madera County Court house, in Madera, Ca @ 0900 in Dept. 5. I believe court is always open to the public. I doubt he'll show, but I've already talked to the guards about going armed that day. I dont know this guy, or his personality, so I'm not taking any chances. I'm out of my home county and didnt want any problems when I show up.

I'll be surprised if he shows.

Seems like there have been a rash of these issues lately... I guess it is just going to happen from time to time, but I am wondering what can be done to help curtail such things... I am not in favor of a "good seller/bad seller" list as I think it attracts undue attention and gives the powers that be a Christmas list of people to send C&Ds to... However, I wonder if there isn't some type of verification policy that could be assigned for anyone that wants to do a run.. kinda like an escrow service or something...

I'm glad some of you are getting your money back. I am pretty much out of luck at this point because I used a postal money order. I have his signature now where he signed for my money order but not sure if it will go any further from here. I have filed out information to the attorney general, etc. but have not heard anything yet. Good luck with that court date.

Jeanne

Won my judgment. Cost of the boots plus court fees. He'll be notified of the judgment via mail. Judgment will show up on his credit report if he doesn't pay.

I'd really like to get the number at PayPal that was called. I've gone ahead and ordered a temp pair of boots and if I can even get 1/2 of my money back that'd be great. If anyone can help that'd be great.

As for the court decision that's awesome. From dealing with my brother (who's less than reputable with the law) I know that if he doesn't pay the court judgement you can file another suit to actually go after his property to make up the funds. To me, that's a lot scarier than a bad credit report filing. I'm guessing his credit score probably ain't that shiny if he's willing to steal from people.

He was a no show, of course. I'm hoping once I get the judgement in the mail I can contact paypal and maybe get all my money back. I encourage anyone else in California to pay the $30 fee and file against him. The hardest part will be getting him served. You could hire a process server in that area, but that costs more money. I was able to get him served while we at San Diego Comic Con. He will be notified via mail of the judgment against him. He will have 30 days to respond. After that I can go about the normal judgement recovery efforts, whatever those are. That's what the judge said.

Filed my small claims suit today. I was a little apprehensive because I have never filed before, let alone step into a courthouse for anything other than jury duty. However, the process was very easy. Two forms that took less than 10 minutes to complete and a $30 fee is all it took. Only thing that took a little time was making the three copies (two for the courthouse and two for me). I don't know if there is a statute of limitations on filing, but I was 9 days short of a year away from making my payment. I would definitely recommend filing small claims for anyone who hasn't already done so.

My court date is December 11th and I'm going to have his county sheriff's civil division office serve him.(y)

Ok, update time.

Won my case today at 1 p.m. for the price of the boots, the $130 to have him served, and the $50 court fee. Vicente Paul Mejia didn't show up.
It took 9 attempts before he was finally served and I had to postpone my court date twice. So just be aware he might be trying to be evasive. I had this company serve him, so they are very familiar with trying to catch him: http://www.servingprocess.net/index2.html

I took the printed PayPal receipts with me as well as my Proof of Service that I received from the process server. I told the judge I ordered a pair of custom made boots from Vicente over a year ago as part of a large order with approximately 25 other people; And that he had failed to send me my boots or contact me after numerous attempts at trying to reach him by phone and email.

Good luck to anyone else who decides to go this route. I'm sure glad I did.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back