new Star Wars film

@tterrell- would you let him watch Ep 3? There are some distinct areas that might me too rough for a kid that age.

Mine are 7 & 9 years old, and I've been advised that there are a few scenes which I would need to be a alert about their viewing. I've also been told to be on watch for intense emotional stuff (for a child, not an adult POV). I'm bringing a pack of tissues on Sunday as whatever that went on will most likely bring tears o my kid's eyes. Maybe mine too for all I know. Mostly because I'm in tune with my kids and what hurts them. It's a Mom thing I guess.

how about this idea. what if by some how the emperor lived or something and is now taken kylo as his new apprentice.

The emperor exploded and his force energy came up the hole.

I really thought the movie was a 7. Plot holes big enough to fly a deathstar through. Great nastalgia with way too much contrived dialog. The best scenes in the movie had no dialog. I could trim out 15 minutes and I think the movie be much better.

Some times you have to just work off of inflection and less dialog.

Han was too old to be believable and fin over acted. But I still enjoyed it. As a movie its a 7, as a starwars fan you have to add 1.5 so about an 8.5

The emperor exploded and his force energy came up the hole.

I really thought the movie was a 7. Plot holes big enough to fly a deathstar through. Great nastalgia with way too much contrived dialog. The best scenes in the movie had no dialog. I could trim out 15 minutes and I think the movie be much better.

Some times you have to just work off of inflection and less dialog.

Han was too old to be believable and fin over acted. But I still enjoyed it. As a movie its a 7, as a starwars fan you have to add 1.5 so about an 8.5

pretty much sums up my feeling as I walked out of the theatre. Will see it again Sunday to watch without analyzing as much though....

Yeah, this is a tough room. I loved it too and appreciated the humor. I thought it was nice and low key. I saw it in 3d yesterday and will checking it out in 2D on Sunday.

Saw it last night. As someone mentioned previously, it really felt like Star Wars. I thought the new cast did a great job.
Poe was excellent, as were Rey and Finn.
It was fun to hear the audience react when each OT character first appeared. There were huge cheers when the Falcon
was revealed! :) Don't recall seeing audiences react to stuff like that in other movies.

I saw it in 2D, but I'll go back and see it in 3D, too. (y)

Surprisingly, my 7 year old son was pissed about a certain character biting it by blade, not sad. All the way home he kept saying, "I'm so mad they did that to him." He did inquire if maybe he escaped certain death like Luke Skywalker did in ESB, but I had to explain the difference between losing a hand and say... losing lung and heart functionality. In a nice way, of course. My kids did fine with this movie.

I was about in tears, but he's always been my hero. And I loved the ending. He's baaaccckkkk.......

I saw it again last night and enjoyed it more. The craptastic scenes (like the stormtrooper ninja and giant mouths) didnt bother me as much andI could just relax and look around. Still only a 7.5 though.

SPOILERS DONT READ)_))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Throughout the movie I was annoyed at han acting like he never shot chewies bowcaster. It didnt dawn on me until the next day that the bowcasters over powered shots were emphasized so much so that when he shot kylo, you wold know how much damage was actually done to him. And help explain why Fin and Rey were able to stand up against him at all. It also dawned on me the second time through that 'rey is a ray of lightness in the dark (the old Maz says something to that effect).

The best thing to come of this movie IMHO is the fact they said that luke trained up a whole new order of jedi, and that kylo killed them all, which means we will be able to get a whole new series of books about luke and 25 years of the order etc. You know, so when Disney sells star wars to the Xian Chen Wo company they can erase them all.

The new chewbacca doesn't bobble his head enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Typically in movies, especially sequels like these, there is a handing off of the torch, or the keys of the castle to the new generation. This did exactly opposite. It had the heros coming back and saying 'dont give me those keys just yet, because theres some **** your gonna need to handle first.'

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back