New on the forum, first attempt on the helmet.

chazy

New Hunter
Hey all,

my name is Maikel and i'm new on this forum. So far i love it ! I'm a big Mandalorian / Boba Fett fan.
I've seen allot of great builds and helmets and i started 2 days ago on my own. I've never ever ever done anything like this before so most what i'm doing is what i find on the internet and just try it.
So far i love to work on my little project. The only problem i have is that just the basic shape looks i.m.o. like **** :(.
I have no idea if at the end of the progress, the bondo and sanding part, it will look good enough...

Below you can see some pictures of the project.

2015-10-21 18.09.45.jpg

cutting the 2.1mm cardboard is hell... it's so hard to cut it... not sure maybe i'm doing something wrong allready haha :lol:

2015-10-21 20.35.14.jpg

But look ! have the basic shape! i was / am so happy with that. (yes it fits)

2015-10-22 20.40.49.jpg

So i made the first stage of the dome today..
Found out at this stage that i kinda f*cked up the beginning of the bucket.
I've been following antmans post (this guy got some serieus skills!!!) http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/first-post-first-wof-bukcet-build-cardboard-23159/
It seems like he made the 2 sides come together in the front of the bucket and not like me in the back... (****)
so i have this in the back:

2015-10-22 21.06.08.jpg

If i look at other WIPs they all look so clean and smooth, when i look at mine... i love it but i don't have the same WOW feeling you know.
So i'm just wondering the things i do "wrong" now, can you still perfect them at the end??

Thx and i'll keep posting things as i'm going on. (unless its better to start again then i'll start again)

You're doing fine...I always join together in the back instead of the front. Once you get the main part of the helmet glued up you can use bondo (autobody filler) to fill in the gaps and seams.

Thanks all for the comments :D:cheers
I made the front piece yesterdaynight.

2015-10-23 21.00.48.jpg

and put it right on there.

2015-10-23 22.43.02.jpg2015-10-23 22.43.10.jpg

cause i don't have allot of clamps i have to do it piece by piece. (need to remind myself to get more clamps when i do a new helmet).
I'm gonna trace and try to cut the dome this evening.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back